• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommendations for best foraging toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Planning on going to the bird show in Norcross GA this weekend and am hoping to find some good deals on toys. What are your recommendations for the most loved toys in your house? I am interested in foraging toys primarily but also other things. Would love all suggestions!

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
i love parrot enrichment foragers!! well chaucer does

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I recommend against this toy...it's possible that I got a defective one, but it seems weak and poorly designed. Foraging Wheel X-Large by Creative Foraging - FORAGING TOYS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE

I couldn't get the wheel to spin without a lot of force, more than I would expect a parrot to use. They have to pull, then turn, but the pulling is ridiculous. You can adjust it some, but it was either too tight, or falling off. It was so difficult for me that I ended up dropping it not once, but three times. Each time, part of the post with threads that you need to attach it to the cage came off. I was going to glue them back on, but since it didn't work anyway, I didn't bother. Ours has never been used and will probably one day just end up in the trash.

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
I personally like the Parrot Enrichment foraging blocks and any of Danita's T4W toys that have places to shove food or treats. :)

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
osCommerce

I've seen those toys in person and they are really nice! I love that they can be used for anything from foot toys to treats, and are easily washed and disinfected. They're really high quality and acrylic lasts forever! Someday I will have some of these. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.