• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recommend me some Sun Conure sized cages,please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think that within the next year,I will be able to upgrade Skittles cage,to something other then the HQ Flight cage that he is currently in.

What are some of the cages that your Suns or similar sized Conures are in? This is his current cage, HQ Flight Bird Cage - Presented by BirdsComfort.com Im wanting to get him something wider and deeper so I can fit more toys and perches and most of all,so he will have a lot more space.

Any pics of your cages and set-ups would be most welcome and any ones that you dont have,but recomend would be awesome as well.

Holiday already gave me the links for her Hahns's cages and I really like Max's. But I was hoping to get some more ideas and links,so I can see all that is out there.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I believe its 5/8" to 1".

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Wow, 1" seems really big for a sun. My Cape has a cage with 1" bar spacing.

But anyway, here's a nice big cage that has 3/4" bar spacing and dimensions of 36 x 30!
Bird Toy Outlet - Detail1 - D3036 - 2-N-1 SUNCATCHER - Adams Specialty - Cages - Large Birds - Medium Birds - Small Birds - Suncatcher Cages - Bird Toy Outlet

I can't remember which ones Holiday linked you but King's makes some huge ones with 5/8" bar spacing as well:
46 x 29" dome top: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More
46 x 29" play top: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, 1" seems really big for a sun. My Cape has a cage with 1" bar spacing.

But anyway, here's a nice big cage that has 3/4" bar spacing and dimensions of 36 x 30!
Bird Toy Outlet - Detail1 - D3036 - 2-N-1 SUNCATCHER - Adams Specialty - Cages - Large Birds - Medium Birds - Small Birds - Suncatcher Cages - Bird Toy Outlet

I can't remember which ones Holiday linked you but King's makes some huge ones with 5/8" bar spacing as well:
46 x 29" dome top: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More
46 x 29" play top: King's Cages - Avian and Pet Bird Cages, Supplies, Food, Toys, Perches, Aviaries, Pluck No More
Im sure that your right about the spacing,I looked it up online,so im not sure how accurate it is. I love the first kings cage that you posted. That looks like he would have plenty of room.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby

Looks awesome,thats the one that Holiday linked for me too. Was it easy to put together?

yes, the only downside is that it has one of the unsafe tops that open up, but I just never use it and it's too heavy for him to lift open especially with toys on it.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
yes, the only downside is that it has one of the unsafe tops that open up, but I just never use it and it's too heavy for him to lift open especially with toys on it.

Ah,thats definatly a downside,but can be safely delt with,so I feel a bit better about maybe getting a cage with that feature.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I want a big flight cage for my sun conures eventually!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
These are our suns' cages. I think they are too big, but the cages came with them and it seems silly to go smaller.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Attachments

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
These are our suns' cages. I think they are too big, but the cages came with them and it seems silly to go smaller.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
I really like those,do you have a link,or know what brand they are?

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Last edited:

Jally

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
Considering that most of the time they are caged in one cage and the other cage is sitting empty, (not empty-empty. Just minus a bird) I could be occupying that spot with something else LOL But they do need to be caged separately every so often so I can't get rid of it. Gibby is a man and sometimes he gets into trouble and has to sleep in the dog house. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.