• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Recent Snake Photos

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Nunu just after her most recent shed. She is keeping her pink really well so far and actually seems to have gained more pink throughout her sides especially the neck/head after this shed.

The not so new girl that doesn't have a name still.

Albino Grey

Cal King

Platinum Chinese Beauty Girl

Butter Corn

Motley Sunglow

Silver Trans Pecos

Platinum Chinese Beauty Male

Lily not outdoor but better than the others so far. She's washed out here since she's a brighter yellow than this. She is calming down now and was out twice today without issues. She actually met a non snake person today and was a perfect little snake mascot!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Growing fast! Cleo is 7 months now and Ramse is around 5 months I think.

Amel boy. He has the most easy going personality right up there with Cleo the purple sunfire.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Omg they are beautiful! I've always loved pythons and always will. They're my favorite!

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Beautiful pictures, as always. I'm not a python person but I have a soft spot for boas.
:heart:
All are lovely

Distaff

Real Name
Mary
Beautiful collection!

I keep a desert king, a lav/bloodred corn, and a rosy boa. I really want to add a basic red tail boa, or one of the island locality boa constrictors. Also, a ball python, at some point. Would have had one by this summer, but the fish hobby gets out of hand. I think retic morphs are the most beautiful of all snakes, but I don't expect I could ever handle one. Even though I like and keep snakes, I still have some latent fear of getting bit by them (even though I have been bit)...can't seem to entirely shake it.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Beautiful snakes! :heart: I love the look of pythons.

Heather F

They are all beautiful. And my goodness Lily is enormous!

Molo

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Maureen
Wow, beautiful! I never knew snakes could be so pretty!

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Maybe my perspective is off but while Lily looks gorgeous I don't think she looks huge. I may have been around a few too many large pythons though.

Not that it matters, as Lily is gorgeous.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
So pretty!!! Dex is all black, but he has a little bowtie on his chin :D I'll see if I can get pics of him later tonight.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Omg they are beautiful! I've always loved pythons and always will. They're my favorite!
I love them too obviously! I'm not sure I have favorites in general anymore. My favorite snake right now would be Cleo the purple Sunfire retic.

Beautiful collection!

I keep a desert king, a lav/bloodred corn, and a rosy boa. I really want to add a basic red tail boa, or one of the island locality boa constrictors. Also, a ball python, at some point. Would have had one by this summer, but the fish hobby gets out of hand. I think retic morphs are the most beautiful of all snakes, but I don't expect I could ever handle one. Even though I like and keep snakes, I still have some latent fear of getting bit by them (even though I have been bit)...can't seem to entirely shake it.
Giants definitely aren't for everyone. I do my best to avoid getting bit since it isn't something I want to happen...basically the same thing I do with the birds lol I don't always have success with either one on that though. Boas are great. I have two dwarf locality boas too. The guy I got mine from does quite a few of the localities if you need a recommendation on a breeder:)

My list of snake problems...I also have 7 hatchlings on top of this list...
2.3 Chinese Beauty, 1.0 White Sided Rat, 0.1 Albino Grey, 0.1 Suboc, 0.1 Stillwater Hypo Bull, 1.0 50/50 Cal King, 0.1 Black Milk, 1.2 Corns, 1.2 Ball Python, 1.0 Woma, 1.1 Tarahumara Boa, 1.3 BCI, 1.0 Jaguar Carpet, 2.2 Retic, 0.1 Wolf Snake

Thanks! She's just a baby still at a year old. Shes around 9-10 feet at the moment. I expect she will be quite a bit bigger by the time she is 2 years old!

Heather F

Thanks! She's just a baby still at a year old. Shes around 9-10 feet at the moment. I expect she will be quite a bit bigger by the time she is 2 years old!
:jawdrop1::jawdrop1::jawdrop1::jawdrop1: Wow, that's awesome!! I have no idea what the average full size is for her species, I just saw her draped over that chair all huge and gorgeous -- amazing that she'll get even bigger! :)

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
She is a retic definitely a big girl for non snake people and even for some snake people:) I expect she will top off somewhere in the 15-18ft range in the next two years. She will probably be the largest one I own since the other two are males and should stay smaller and my other female is from a bloodline that stays a little on the smaller side. If she gets over 18ft I'm going to have to look into different caging options:eek:

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
She is a retic definitely a big girl for non snake people and even for some snake people:) I expect she will top off somewhere in the 15-18ft range in the next two years. She will probably be the largest one I own since the other two are males and should stay smaller and my other female is from a bloodline that stays a little on the smaller side. If she gets over 18ft I'm going to have to look into different caging options:eek:
What do you feed Lily? Most of the largest pythons I've been around were fed rabbits from early on and increased in size from there. I like using rabbits over rats when I can, but that's just random.

I'm not one to power feed snakes like some to get them to grow but I don't let them starve either. I think both sides of that topic can be controversial. I have seen a few obese snakes, and while it isn't exactly healthiest, the owners took good care of them.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
What do you feed Lily? Most of the largest pythons I've been around were fed rabbits from early on and increased in size from there. I like using rabbits over rats when I can, but that's just random.

I'm not one to power feed snakes like some to get them to grow but I don't let them starve either. I think both sides of that topic can be controversial. I have seen a few obese snakes, and while it isn't exactly healthiest, the owners took good care of them.
She's on Guinea pigs every 10 days right now. Getting her rabbits when I order next time. They start out pretty small the three baby's I got were on weaned-small rats when they came in. I feed most everyone pretty conservatively compared to most people. Lily came in a little over fed in my opinion. She might just turn out to be a really large snake but to me she had a lot of growth both length and thickness for just a year or so. I have been told she was 'babied' by her first owner. Which I'm guessing to mean she was fed decent sized meals often. My retic that is 7 months is eating once a week on small rats still though I do want to move her onto mediums....which I don't have right now so she got two small rats last feeding for the first time. She never acts overly aggressive or hunts like a lot of the snake people that overfeed convince themselves she would do even though I feed little compared to others. She has a great body tone and attitude. She is going to get big eventually but it isn't a rush to get there to me like it is for others. She's probably closing in on 6ft now even on this schedule:)

Over feeding drives me crazy lol I don't usually comment on the topic but even my colubrids eat little. I've debated moving the corns to every two weeks instead of 10 days since they are a little thick but I'm holding out for now on 10 since they look alright still. My adult boa that I've had since she was a few months old eats once a month with a 3 month fast every year she is 12 years old now with blood work that came back super normal according to the vet. I have no desire for fatty liver/deposits or other issues to crop up. I want to see her at 30 still going strong:D My baby boas get put on every two weeks at 6 months and my yearlings are still on adult mice every two weeks with my one male moving up to weaned rats just last week because even on conservative feeding the boy has grown weirdly fasto_O

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
My rat snake is around 12 years old now and I'd like to have him at least another decade. His last blood work test a few weeks ago was completely normal so I have no complaints.

All my adults are on every other week. I know a lot of people like to feed rat/corn snakes more but mine stay just as healthy at every other week. When they're young I feed every 5-6 days. Honestly, I even have a pattern for my arachnids to keep them healthy but not obese. I do feed the snakes more than the invertebrates overall though.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
My rat snake is around 12 years old now and I'd like to have him at least another decade. His last blood work test a few weeks ago was completely normal so I have no complaints.

All my adults are on every other week. I know a lot of people like to feed rat/corn snakes more but mine stay just as healthy at every other week. When they're young I feed every 5-6 days. Honestly, I even have a pattern for my arachnids to keep them healthy but not obese. I do feed the snakes more than the invertebrates overall though.
I had my corns on every 5 days for a little while but they grew so fast I put them on 7 days. Though I think my one just grew so fast because she's turned out to be a pretty big girl for a corn. My current clutch is on every 7 days even though most have refused to eat while they shed right now!

My corns eat close to every two weeks since I don't have a tendency to stick very well to the feeding schedule even though in my mind it's 10 days. But when you look at their records it's more like 2 weeks lol

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
Wow, they'e all so beautiful! I have a 5 year old corn named Copper and I'm not very experienced with different types of snakes but needless to say I'm a bit jealous of your beautiful snakes!

Distaff

Real Name
Mary
Two weeks for the adult colubrids seems about right.

I have a young Sonoran gopher on a slenderizing schedule who still looks power fed. Her breeder informed me that based on her parents, she would be a big girl, but she gets visibly bigger with every meal. Good thing she has a calm personality.

I don't own any pythons or boas - we keep such a cold house in the winter, that I can't see getting the husbandry correct.