• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recent additions to flock but make strange bird noises!

vista101

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sean
So when my conure Spunky died and found out wasn't contagious to flock I rescued these birds that were dumped onto someone from a friend and I have noticed the most strangest bird noises I have ever heard instead of chirp chirp the squeak has anyone ever had green cheeks that have done this I know there healthy aside from a hack job in one the birds wings. But its so weird they dont sound like my other birds I know each is different buy squeaking like a mouse

Attachments

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
My YSGC has been squeaking at night lately...sounds like a dog toy - been waking me up every night thinking there is something wrong. Think I'm getting played.

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Could you take a video?
Gcc don't usually chirp but rather make quaking type noises. Grumbles does a screechy type of noise at night too.

birdashes

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ash
My GCC make a myriad of different noises... Ironically now that you mention it - mine doesn't chirp- never has. She likes to make 'grunting' noises.

My cockatoo squeaks like a squeaky toy from listening to said squeaky toys.

My guess is these little guys either just have different 'voices' that your previous bird or that they are mimicking a noise they used to hear.

Making a recording is a good idea if you're concerned!

Skipper

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Scott Schifer
They can make ALL KINDS of different noises. Sometimes I think the dog is whining in pain, but it is just Gilligan making sounds.

The best sounds come at bedtime when he chatters him self to sleep.

Buzzard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jess
Mine got their names because my kids thought they sounded like frogs. They definitely don't typically make birdy chirps, though Polliwog can do a pretty convincing Cockatiel impression when she wants to.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
They could be mating...Tuck and Rue were making lots and lots of squeak noises at 11, 12, 2, 7...thank goodness they are out of that stage at the moment.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd bird used to squeal and squeak and whistle to himself when he got nice cold water or was getting sleepy. He was a Maxi Pionus. None of my others made/make the noise but I have heard others Maxis making the same happy whistle to themselves so it probably is something some birds do when happy. Dobby loves to whistle so he may do it one of these days.