• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

re-introduction of Frasier Products Parrot Toys

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This looks quite interesting. Like Farlie, I'd be interested in something a wee bit smaller. Maybe w/ the ability to be a busy box foot style, & once opened a treat of a nut or large pumpkin seed would fit. My guy opens cage hanging clips. Pear clips, D clips etc... I'd love it if that was the mechanism to keep it closed instead of a wing nut. I'm not sure I could teach it w/out the 1st shot challenge & reward of a pear style clip.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
yes the busy box will be made smaller. Not quite half the size...something that will fit in the palm of your hand. The square of the box will be 1.25"-1.50" . Great ideas on the Pearl and D clips Rain Bow, thank you. I have been trying to redesign the toys to be a bit more complicated to "open" and have some brand new toys on the horizon that will really be challenging!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you tested out the new Goodie Gadget design with any birds? Would like to know how difficult it is for that top to be opened with the prongs in place of the wing nut.

I received the Busy Box almost 2 weeks ago but just opened the box today. I showed it to my Goffin's and she lunged at it once and then backed off. Both of my Amazons, Shannon and Casey, came running over to check it out when I brought it to their cages to show them. Not sure who will get it but I am leaving it out for them to look at. I purchased it for Keno, Goffin's, but if one of the Amazons wants it and will use it he or she will be getting it. Cody the BE2 screamed at it which is par for the course. Showed it to some of the red-bellies and they were also interested but too big for them. My 'toos are wusses. :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to have something w/ little drawers. I don't like the plastic ones as they are known to have the drawers just fall out. I think I could get my Amazon to do it, but I'd like to have the drawers catch but still be removable. Maybe the drawers can be different color wheel colors.

I'd love to see the one w/ clips, when you make it. It'd take awhile for him to get used to it, but I'd let Buddy test it supervised.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
Hi Rain Bow....I have not tested the new goodie gadget design but I will. The tooling for samples is being prepared and I'm considering the ideal overall size to satisfy the majority of birds. I'd love any input on that. Right now the design is for a top with a 1.25 inch diameter. The length of the cylinder 2 inches and it will take 8.5 turns of the top to get it off. If it is too hard we'll go back to the wing nut or do both. I want to make these toys challenging. Also I have an idea for a new toy based on your thought about closing something with different clip types. It will come with 3 different clips and you will be able to add your own clips as well to make it harder or more time consuming to get inside for a treat!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Rain Bow....I have not tested the new goodie gadget design but I will. The tooling for samples is being prepared and I'm considering the ideal overall size to satisfy the majority of birds. I'd love any input on that. Right now the design is for a top with a 1.25 inch diameter. The length of the cylinder 2 inches and it will take 8.5 turns of the top to get it off. If it is too hard we'll go back to the wing nut or do both. I want to make these toys challenging. Also I have an idea for a new toy based on your thought about closing something with different clip types. It will come with 3 different clips and you will be able to add your own clips as well to make it harder or more time consuming to get inside for a treat!

The only thing I can come up with right now is to be sure that the hole for the clip is large enough to accommodate any of the clips. The pear clips I have are much more dainty than the D clip styles. I'm sure any of the vendors that sell toys that hang can give you the more common ones that are used. My husband is in possession of our calipers so I can't even just give you a few examples from the few I have lying around. I can tell you that I maybe wrong but I know many of the larger birds take them off, & are self taught escape artist types of birds. My guys not one, but was only getting hanging toys so taught himself out of boredom I think. I know that many wouldn't want their birds to learn the trick.

As I'm saying that maybe...

the option of the wingnut & screw or pear, & D clips. Maybe style the hole so that it can accommodate whatever is the largest diameter but still works.

Maybe someone can pipe in here on their thoughts.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
The design I have in mind will be a sort of treasure box. It will be closed and the bird will have to undo certain clip and/or you could tie it closed with rope so that the bird would have to tear apart or untie the rope(s) to get it open. I think it will be versatile and if you don't want your bird to learn to undo a certain type of clip you can just refrain from using that particular clip.....thank you for your input!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The design I have in mind will be a sort of treasure box. It will be closed and the bird will have to undo certain clip and/or you could tie it closed with rope so that the bird would have to tear apart or untie the rope(s) to get it open. I think it will be versatile and if you don't want your bird to learn to undo a certain type of clip you can just refrain from using that particular clip.....thank you for your input!
The problem w/ rope as you may know it can hurt/kill our babys. So clips & screws are your safest bet. :)

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I got to see some of your toys in person at The Parrot Island in MN! They were awesome! Im putting a couple on my list :D

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
the goodie gadget and others are back now at www.busy-bird.com
There's something going on w/ your site. Every time I click the link it says site is unreachable.

@iamwhoiam

Did the Zon's ever gain interest? If not did anyone get to the point of enjoying it yet?