• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

re-introduction of Frasier Products Parrot Toys

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
Not with the hanger that comes with it, but you could go to your local hardware store and simply buy a stainless steel bolt that was shorter... might cost $1 or 2.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
To make is shorter you could simply buy a shorter stainless steel bolt at your local hardware store. I keep trying to post this but is seems to dissapear

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Not related to the post, I just noticed your sig. Papaya is cute overload, so dramatic against all the cute little green gems. Great names for such a lovely flock. :)
I thought I responded back o_o

Lol thank you he is a lovely bird :heart: although a complete derp! I love when he stands next to Jellybean because their colors are so different and intense. They are quite the pair! 20181124_201637_HDR-1.jpg

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
Hi everyone... the toy is made in China. In fact, I am in China now working on the goodie gadget, spinner, play strip and smaller busy box. The toys would simply be way too expensive to make in the USA. But please know that these toys were only made in the USA for the first year of their existence back in the late nineties. After that, they have always been made in China. I know because I made them, and now I'm back it. I assure you they are safe, made of pure aluminum and stainless steel.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi everyone... the toy is made in China. In fact, I am in China now working on the goodie gadget, spinner, play strip and smaller busy box. The toys would simply be way too expensive to make in the USA. But please know that these toys were only made in the USA for the first year of their existence back in the late nineties. After that, they have always been made in China. I know because I made them, and now I'm back it. I assure you they are safe, made of pure aluminum and stainless steel.
Thanks for posting this information. I sent you an email. I generally don't buy toys made in China for the birds. Are you fully supervising the production of the toys?

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
These toys were great ! They all held up to my Hyacinith except for the blue strip - he bent that in half. I still have the medium busy box and it’s going strong.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
These toys were great ! They all held up to my Hyacinith except for the blue strip - he bent that in half. I still have the medium busy box and it’s going strong.

I got mine today.. Have not tried it out yet but I'm thinking NO to hyacinth proof being aluminum.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa
I got mine today.. Have not tried it out yet but I'm thinking NO to hyacinth proof being aluminum.

Lol true - still have mine because he would undo it and at the time he was intent on destroying the welds on his Kings cage and he concentrated on that. Carlos, military has inherited it. He likes to undo things.

lexalayne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alexa

I was going thru my “to fix box” and I came across the old Frazier box toy (i need to find the two bolts for the other holes) this thing isn’t aluminum and it’s approx 1 1/2 lbs and the sides are over 1/4” solid steel. I thought it was the same as the medium box because that one is red and blue and this one is too, the red is just faded. But it is definitely hy proof - this one anyways

Last edited:

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
Hi Everyone... The old busy boxes are aluminum (the box part), but the bolts and wing nuts were stainless steel. Back then, Mr Frasier actually wanted to make the wing nuts and bolts aluminum to make it lighter and have more color, but aluminum fasteners did not exist the way they do now. Also stainless is quite a bit more expensive. Macawnutz, if you could try it on your hyacinith i would happily send you a brand new one free of charge if it is destroyed. I'd be very curious how it would hold up. It may be that a new busy box needs to be made with thicker aluminum for the stronger birds. Also, while I do not oversee the full production of the toys, I inspect the materials to make sure the material is certified aluminum and stainless. And we do random inspections for the final production for a variety of major and minor defects before passing the inspection. I sure appreciate everyone's thoughts and experiences with these toys.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Macawnutz, if you could try it on your hyacinith i would happily send you a brand new one free of charge if it is destroyed. I'd be very curious how it would hold up.

:rofl: Sure! Keep my address handy as I'm pretty sure the threads will damage. He won't try to open it... just use the bolts as giant beak scratchers. :lol:

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
I'm only interested in the smaller sizes. I'm guessing you own big birds cuz you make big bird toys. LOL, It's the only reason I haven't purchased anything from you.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
The new spinners will travel along the threads from side to side, clockwise to the right side, counter clockwise to the left. The new goodie gadget may have the two prongs as the way to turn and open the lid. The original had a wing nut that turned the lid from the center. This new design will make it more of a challenge to open.