• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

re-introduction of Frasier Products Parrot Toys

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I remember a few months ago someone wrote in about resurrecting a popular toy.
I just saw this ad at the bottom of a page so I guess it is a "go"!!! with more to come.

These brightly colored, well built toys are a re-introduction of Frasier Products Parrot Toys made and sold in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Our parent company was the manufacturer and now Busy Bird is bringing them back with improvements!
(no title)

<edit> the link above says no title and does work, it is for busy-bird.com

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I was intrigued by the ad on this forum, but I have never heard of this toy before. Anyone have photos?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Frasier Bird Toys closed a few years ago. Toys were quality and fun for birds who like to problem solve and are mechanical. Busy Bird is bringing the toys back. Keno had a Frasier Goodie Gadget which is a spinning canister that can hold treats. The top of the canister can be removed by turning a wing nut. After Keno got over her fear of the toy she figured out how to open it and then wound up taking the entire toy apart and I inadvertently tossed some of the screws when I cleaned her cage.
goodie gadget.jpg

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'll be a customer, for sure.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I saw this earlier on here, I love the sound of this toy......I dare say I also will end up being a customer!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I seen it! Looks so cool *_* looking forward to trying the small bird size!
Not related to the post, I just noticed your sig. Papaya is cute overload, so dramatic against all the cute little green gems. Great names for such a lovely flock. :)

Kokonut&Me

Meeting neighbors
What exactly is it?

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Frasier Bird Toys closed a few years ago. Toys were quality and fun for birds who like to problem solve and are mechanical. Busy Bird is bringing the toys back. Keno had a Frasier Goodie Gadget which is a spinning canister that can hold treats. The top of the canister can be removed by turning a wing nut. After Keno got over her fear of the toy she figured out how to open it and then wound up taking the entire toy apart and I inadvertently tossed some of the screws when I cleaned her cage.
View attachment 295863

Pippin would absolutely adore something like this. Now I'm thinking of how I could make something similar for him.. I have a time with him unscrewing the bolts on the doors to his cage. Something like this would definitely allow him to dismantle stuff without the jailbreak.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the discussion of the re-introduction of Frasier products, now called Busy Bird. We will be putting a youtube link to show how the Busy Box works on the website soon for those not familiar with the toys. Two more toys are in the initial stages of development. The busy box will be shipping March 1st, but if you pre-order before that date you get free shipping. We plan to have a total of 4-5 toys by the end of the year, including the "goodie gadget," a smaller busy box, the "spinner" and the "busy strip," all of which were popular years ago. The smaller busy box never existed, but there seems to be a demand for this item. Cheers!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the discussion of the re-introduction of Frasier products, now called Busy Bird. We will be putting a youtube link to show how the Busy Box works on the website soon for those not familiar with the toys. Two more toys are in the initial stages of development. The busy box will be shipping March 1st, but if you pre-order before that date you get free shipping. We plan to have a total of 4-5 toys by the end of the year, including the "goodie gadget," a smaller busy box, the "spinner" and the "busy strip," all of which were popular years ago. The smaller busy box never existed, but there seems to be a demand for this item. Cheers!

Do you have information regarding the size of the smaller busy box?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Pre ordered. :D

What's wrong with you guys? If you see these on Ebay they go three times the price and up.

Here is a collection from a member here.

toys_zpsd106ad3f.jpg

I want that Goodie Gadget thing! :watching::embarassed:

Last edited:

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
This medium busy box is 2.5 inches square. The smaller one is not set in stone yet, but likely to be about 1.25 to 1.5 inches square.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This medium busy box is 2.5 inches square. The smaller one is not set in stone yet, but likely to be about 1.25 to 1.5 inches square.
Thanks. What types of birds would the medium be good for?
Pre ordered. :D

What's wrong with you guys? If you see these on Ebay they go three times the price and up.
I want that Goodie Gadget thing! :watching::embarassed:

The Goodie Gadget is a fun toy. I would order another one when they become available. I would also like to get the Busy Strip.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My Amazons have never messed with the foraging toys I bought.

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
This medium sized Busy Box is good for a wide range of sizes like Hahns Macaws, Conures, Cockatoos, African Greys, Amazons, larger Parakeets, Cockatiels... Slenderbills. Mr Frasier had a big B&G Macaw and the Busy Box and the Goodie Gadget were his favorite toys. Mr Frasier did make a "giant busy box" (this can be seen in the Macawnut's image above) at one time for the largest of the large birds, but it was not a very good seller. It seemed the medium sized busy box was sizeable enough for most birds, but I've learned from my friends out at the Gabriel Foundation that there is a need for mechanical/foraging toys for smaller birds and so a smaller busy box is more urgent than a larger one at this point. I sure appreciate all your thoughts and feedback and suggestions for new toys. Next on this list to get going will be the smaller busy box, the spinner, the GOODIE GADGET and the busy strip.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm considering getting the Busy Box for my Goffin's because I think that is the one I wanted to get and then Frasier closed. However I sort of remember the horizontal tube being a bit shorter so maybe it was a different toy or maybe I'm incorrect. How long is the horizontal tube? I have a feeling my Goffin's will be afraid of the toy and scream at it but I could then try it with one of the Amazons. She sometimes does that with new things although I probably would put it on the outside of the cage or nearby where she could see it before placing it inside.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The hanger that mounts to the side or top of the cage will extend 5 inches inside.
Thanks. Is there a possibility to make it shorter?

Busy-Bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jay Cogswell
You could also mount it from the inside, so the toy would hang outside the cage for a while so she could get use to it. The hanger is the same length as the original busy box. It is exactly
the same toy except some parts have been made of solid aluminum instead of stainless. The aluminum is just as durable in terms of what a bird can do to it, much lighter in weight and has the option of being safely colored.