• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Re-homing Sun Conure (CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KhanKrazy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashley
I'm trying to help my friend re-home her Sun Conure; I'd love to take myself but I already have my own + three other birds and just can't take on any more at this time. Here's a description from my friend:

With a heavy heart I have to re-home my Sun Conure, Dracarys due to an international move. He is between 1.5-2 years old. I bought him as a baby from The Feather Farm in Napa, CA back in Summer 2017. He has not been DNA tested but I have always said "he" and assumed s/he is male.

He is an incredibly sweet bird; a little jumpy and shy of new people, but as long as you spend time with him and are gentle, he should warm up quick. He loves to be on your shoulder and involved with what you're doing. He likes his head scratched, but not all of the time. He will bite if he's had enough and you don't stop. He says a few words such as "Peek-a-Boo" (a game we play) and mumbles things a lot. He does NOT like dogs or cats and will scream when he sees them. He also isn't a fan of other birds., I've attempted to introduce him and my GCC in the past and he did nothing but try and attack her each time. Being a Sun Conure, he can be loud at times. VERY loud. I lived in a two-story house and could hear him from two blocks away down the road when he would scream.

He will come with large cage, toys, and any food leftover.

If you think you'd be interested just PM me and I'll get you in contact with her. He is in the Central Valley, about an hour south of Sacramento in California. I've attached some photos below.

Attachments

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a cutie...hopefully he finds a soft place to land soon...

Roxhum

Walking the driveway
I was just thinking I would like a sun conure, and I am in Northern CA, but you gotta be okay with dogs to live at my house. Good luck with the rehoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.