• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures RB2 Eye Color For Males and Females

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
So, I took some pictures of our three pet Galahs a few weekends ago and got some shots of their eyes for @Laylatoo. They are a different subspecies than our mated pair of Galahs but I guess that the female eye color will change to more of a brown if she spends more time in the sun. I will try to get some pictures of our mated pair. The male, Leo, looks pretty much the same as our pet males, Kishka and Fozzie do. The difference is really in the females. For now, I have a picture of Kishka and Addison. Ok, I have one of Kish and three of Addison...Kishka and Fozzie bite and Addison doesn't!:)

This is the one good one I got of Kishka and if you look really closely you can see his pupil in there. Notice I gave the beast something to chew on other than my skin!:) It kept him busy for a while...the naughty one that day right out of the gate was actually Fozzie. I thought I had them mixed up at first because it's usually Kishie who gives me a run for my money right away. Kishka was a really good boy until I took him in for a shower, then he got me! They both got clipped!
IMG_0742.JPG
The rest are all of Addison. Since they were taken inside, they don't look as light as they really are but you can definitely tell the difference between her and the boys.
IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0766.JPG

Caught her mid yawn!:)
IMG_0767.JPG

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
There is a big difference in the eye color. So pretty!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Your flock is beautiful. Such nice eyes :heart:

There was a woman I knew on FB, and she swore her "male" Galah was indeed a male because of DNA sexing. BUt her eyes were so cherry red, it was 100% obvious that he was infact a she!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Addisons look like a pretty grey almost! Love the variation they can have. View attachment 254406
I think a lot has to do with the camera and the lighting although I would describe her eyes as almost a blue grey. That picture makes her eyes look darker than they are. Your Layla is gorgeous too!:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Always look at the eyes in sunlight. That brings out everything and is consistent.

I love their eyes.