1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RANT If you can't take care of them....

Discussion in 'Bird Boulevard' started by finchly, 4/25/19.

1. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I have told a LOT OF PEOPLE that I want the hearse to pass by the cemetary .... the people can pull on in and wait for me. Yes, I intend to be late TOO!!!

:rofl:

Hawk12237, Beasley and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  2. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    And I thought I was a rare bird. I think there's a whole flock of us out there coming in for a late landing!!!! :fly2:

Hawk12237, Beasley and Clueless like this.
  3. Dartman

Dartman Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Terry
    Thank you, I miss all the birds I've ever had and I loved them all and they seemed to feel the same so it's nice to share their stories with others. Maybe some non animal type folks will realize they aren't just birds, they are family and they care in their own way as much as we do.

Hawk12237, finchly and Beasley like this.
  4. Beasley

Beasley Walking the driveway

Maggie Beasley
    I’m glad someone said something to her, that is one of those things a child (of any age) never forgets. I’m impressed that she had the inner strength and composure to get up and leave! ;) I bet you have everything to do with that. I think it was in the Lucy attacked Angel thread, someone recently mentioned their daughter scalded herself with hot tea, one of my most traumatic foundational memories is of a similar incident except involving my sister at a restaurant. I was so little, always under weight and size...we were in a booth and I was on the outside, to get to her my dad leapt up grabbed me by the hair on the top of my head and flung me backwards into a wall directly across the path of a busboy, I remember looking into his eyes, both of us in shock. My dad was screaming at him and he snapped out of it, stepped over me and attended to my family. Everyone else who came to help ignored me too, they all understood - not that one on the floor, I didn’t matter. And none of my family members remember this, their experience is all about my sister.
    I thought the same about my mom, I won’t again. The emotional costs are too high and I can’t afford to let either of them close. My mom likes to talk about how great my childhood was, I call it “The Beautiful Lie”. I won’t even try to talk to them about it, there’s no point. I am a canvas of scars they created and still they refuse to see me.
    what a heartbreaking memory to have of your mom’s parents! I can’t say I would expect any less of my own, and I am sure that is among the many reasons that I don’t even know my maternal grandmother’s name. These people wonder why I’m in my 30s, unmarried with no children...family is what made me, and I wouldn’t wish this on a soul. Now my animals (which my mom also ridicules me for) that’s a family I would live and die for! What’s the saying? Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will leave me with emotional scars from which I will never recover? :dead:

finchly likes this.
  5. Beasley

Maggie Beasley
    Hahaha I just texted “I’m late because of who I am as a person” until everyone got it. If it ain’t work, I’ll be no later than 2h late :smuggrin: I bring stuff though!

Hawk12237, finchly and Mockinbirdiva like this.
  6. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    I am so sorry. :sadhug2:
    Me too! Except I’m old, so I have moved on. At your age I was still a mess.

Your sticks and stones quote had me giggling just a little.

Mockinbirdiva and Beasley like this.
  7. Beasley

Maggie Beasley

;) I thank my sense of humor for my survival haha that quote always makes me laugh, it’s a more honest version anyway lol ah that’s good to hear! I look forward to being able to say I’ve moved on. I am working toward it, that’s for sure!
    :hug8:

finchly, Mockinbirdiva and Clueless like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)