• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RANT If you can't take care of them....

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Poppers has flipped her chosen one so your poor wife gets the get away from my man treatment. Dobby at least wont attack me when I'm bothering him with my sister, he just gets a tiny bit put out or runs away. Last night after she went to bed I sat in her favorite spot on the couch and sat him on the arm like they always do and he didn't know what to think. So I quietly whistled to him and he would whistle back, which he loves to do. She probably has to hang out with her in a neutral area when your not around so they can work out a agreement with each other and maybe become at least tolerant of each other again.
Nerd bird only had eyes for me but when I was at work and she had her wed and thur days off she was to share her breakfast with him, then scritch his head till he had his fill. He would impatiently wait for her to finish sitting on top of his house beside the table and complain till she was done and ready to share some food and love. That was THEIR thing together just like he and I had certain games that had to happen at certain times and I was to take him into my bedroom to hang out on my computer desk and get scritches and snooze while I surfed.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
That is exactly what Secret does.

I just think, somehow, it's fear motivated. Over the years it's talking longer for the bird to snap at me.
Henry or Lola have never been sneaky biters. If they invite me to scratch their heads they earnestly want a good skritch on an itchy head. With Henry, it's all about his space or the most simple action on my part he perceives as intrusion or possibly threatening. It's so hard to interpret. Simply put, he didn't like it and wants to attack because of it. If I didn't leave first thing in the morning he would attempt to jump on me ( at the present)... I do get the tight wing lean to when he gets on top of his door when he comes out. Yesterday, I lifted my arm up to put treats on his top pan before opening his door and he immediately climbed up the bars inside his cage where I was before I opened his door in full fledged display. He is quick to react with little to no warning.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Henry or Lola have never been sneaky biters. If they invite me to scratch their heads they earnestly want a good skritch on an itchy head. With Henry, it's all about his space or the most simple action on my part he perceives as intrusion or possibly threatening. It's so hard to interpret. Simply put, he didn't like it and wants to attack because of it. If I didn't leave first thing in the morning he would attempt to jump on me ( at the present)... I do get the tight wing lean to when he gets on top of his door when he comes out. Yesterday, I lifted my arm up to put treats on his top pan before opening his door and he immediately climbed up the bars inside his cage where I was before I opened his door in full fledged display. He is quick to react with little to no warning.
Oh yea, wife got the boot from poppers! I've had a few birds in past no bird I ever had was ever as jealous as this one.
She'll let me me touch her feet, rub under her wings, just about everywhere. I'm definitely her mate per se. My wife, can't get beside me when she's around or the Amazon death dance starts!!

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh yea, wife got the boot from poppers! I've had a few birds in past no bird I ever had was ever as jealous as this one.
She'll let me me touch her feet, rub under her wings, just about everywhere. I'm definitely her mate per se. My wife, can't get beside me when she's around or the Amazon death dance starts!!

I don't blame your wife, I think I'd try to not mess w/ Poppers after an attack like that! Then add in the facts in this last post, I'd be really leary.

Isn't Poppers the one that took the purse trip?

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I don't blame your wife, I think I'd try to not mess w/ Poppers after an attack like that! Then add in the facts in this last post, I'd be really leary.

Isn't Poppers the one that took the purse trip?

Yep....she took the purse trip....crazy bird! There are nights where she'll sit on couch back beside my wife but not on her. I can see the sweat run off my wife with uneasiness. I tell her relax, she won't bite you now, ( I'm reading poppers body language) but I can see she doesn't trust poppers fully.
A couple years back, poppers but her so hard on neck it hit and punctured her main bien in neck.
And just below eye. And on wrist. Had to take her to ER. I
I don't know why she turned on wife when they were buddy buddy, but haven't been since.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I bought a couple of large wood blocks today while I was out after my doctors appt. I put one on top of each cage for Lola and Henry. Anything new, they don't know what to do with and are leery of them. Henry went down to the floor to wreck other things and I had already put his block down on the floor but he wasn't interested in checking it out. Mistake #2.... I put it closer to him to explore. Not only did it piss him off, I had turned my back to walk away and I could hear his feet slapping the floor as he was running at me.... about five feet of hot stomping amazon. Fortunately, I was able to grab my bag and put it between us before he could get me and quickly put my plexiguard in place. BAAAAAAH! Mad amazons aren't any fun! I did laugh at how funny his feet sounded coming across the floor. You have no idea how I hated having to change his papers with him in his mood!!!!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
A pissed off Pionus in a flying kamikaze attack is no fun either... I made the fatal mistake of letting Lurch out one morning early and then eating a bowl of hot cereal. He flew over to my shoulder and after a minute SQUAWK! and he punched two holes in my ear. I said a bunch of bad words and stuffed him kicking and screaming in his cage till we both calmed down. Later I realized it was pretty much my fault as he loved cereal and was upset I didn't give him some immediately. He had no clue how to ask nicely so just got frustrated and lashed out like he would with another bird.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I bought a couple of large wood blocks today while I was out after my doctors appt. I put one on top of each cage for Lola and Henry. Anything new, they don't know what to do with and are leery of them. Henry went down to the floor to wreck other things and I had already put his block down on the floor but he wasn't interested in checking it out. Mistake #2.... I put it closer to him to explore. Not only did it piss him off, I had turned my back to walk away and I could hear his feet slapping the floor as he was running at me.... about five feet of hot stomping amazon. Fortunately, I was able to grab my bag and put it between us before he could get me and quickly put my plexiguard in place. BAAAAAAH! Mad amazons aren't any fun! I did laugh at how funny his feet sounded coming across the floor. You have no idea how I hated having to change his papers with him in his mood!!!!
:rofl: The mad amazon....beware of the Amazon death dance!! You can't mistake that. The walk...walk ..walk...side shuffle...side step...side step....walk walk walk...side step side step...
All with eyes pinging , feathers fluffed, shoulders raised...tail fanned.....Ruuuuuunnnnnn! If you can't run....... fly!!! But get out of way of mad amazon! LOl.!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
A pissed off Pionus in a flying kamikaze attack is no fun either... I made the fatal mistake of letting Lurch out one morning early and then eating a bowl of hot cereal. He flew over to my shoulder and after a minute SQUAWK! and he punched two holes in my ear. I said a bunch of bad words and stuffed him kicking and screaming in his cage till we both calmed down. Later I realized it was pretty much my fault as he loved cereal and was upset I didn't give him some immediately. He had no clue how to ask nicely so just got frustrated and lashed out like he would with another bird.
My senegal may be small, but he isn't nicked named Mr. Teeth for nothing! You have to have band aids ready all the time. This lil' schit bites, your going to bleed! Garanteed! Never wake him from nap...or wet dream ....or what ever good dream he's having..he will be the most pissed parrot you ever saw.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't remember where I posted it, could have been here...

Buddy was sitting on my husband & I was cleaning his sleeping cage. I grabbed the spray bottle (H20 & vinegar) Sprayed the cabinet down where the cage sits. I went to set it down, or pick it up (forget now) & Buddy flew off & chomped down on the top of it. My thumb got caught in between Buddy's beak. Top & bottom Thankfully he realized, (I believe) that it was too squishy to be the spray btl. He stopped & didn't do the crazy grinding thing that rips & tears.

He was one pee'd & then scared Zon. I'd never hurt him intentionally. My Dad however would have been cursing for days. I think that's why Buddy got scared. :scared3: Me, I believe after a few minutes I was over it. You can only curse for so long! :angry101: Luckily, there was more blood then cut, & I faired well. I will NOT make that mistake again w/ him in the room!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
:rofl: The mad amazon....beware of the Amazon death dance!! You can't mistake that. The walk...walk ..walk...side shuffle...side step...side step....walk walk walk...side step side step...
All with eyes pinging , feathers fluffed, shoulders raised...tail fanned.....Ruuuuuunnnnnn! If you can't run....... fly!!! But get out of way of mad amazon! LOl.!
There was no dance, no shuffle, no side step... he was running with an evil mission. God forbid I should accidentally drop a bowl on the floor... he will climb down his cage as quick as he can and it's a business march if I've ever seen one. It just sets him off! Lola... hates the sound of crinkling bags or wiping her cup clean she'll get nasty. I turn my back so she can't see me doing it. I have no problem leaving... there is no reasoning with a mad zon.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Funny, this reminded my of my dad's second wife. She screamed her guts out at my father for serving breakfast toast to his twin brother who was visiting from out of state ( a very rare visit) and to me before serving her. I mean, guests first right? We were out on the porch and could hear every word going on inside their house. She must have been an amazon parrot in her previous life! :madwife:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
There was no dance, no shuffle, no side step... he was running with an evil mission. God forbid I should accidentally drop a bowl on the floor... he will climb down his cage as quick as he can and it's a business march if I've ever seen one. It just sets him off! Lola... hates the sound of crinkling bags or wiping her cup clean she'll get nasty. I turn my back so she can't see me doing it. I have no problem leaving... there is no reasoning with a mad zon.
Ooooooohhhh the evil mission "I mean business" march. Yep, I know that one too!
My wife turns on shower and my Zon has these super sonic hearing ears turned on. She climbs down cage and you can hear her feet walk the mission walk stray to bathroom.
Once in bathroom, ( and wife's in shower with door cracked just enough for poppers to get in)
She yells real loud..." P-Popper!!! " to let my wife know she there... Then she starts chatting or I call it b***hing up a storm!!I
Let me translate it into my parrot blah blah translator here.
She says.... " what the he11 you doing in here...who said you can take a shower and waste all my water! And you didn't invite me"....she hates my wife being in shower.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooooooohhhh the evil mission "I mean business" march. Yep, I know that one too!
My wife turns on shower and my Zon has these super sonic hearing ears turned on. She climbs down cage and you can hear her feet walk the mission walk stray to bathroom.
Once in bathroom, ( and wife's in shower with door cracked just enough for poppers to get in)
She yells real loud..." P-Popper!!! " to let my wife know she there... Then she starts chatting or I call it b***hing up a storm!!I
Let me translate it into my parrot blah blah translator here.
She says.... " what the he11 you doing in here...who said you can take a shower and waste all my water! And you didn't invite me"....she hates my wife being in shower.

YOU ARE killing my tear ducts & stomach muscles!
:coffeescreen::rofl:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Funny, this reminded my of my dad's second wife. She screamed her guts out at my father for serving breakfast toast to his twin brother who was visiting from out of state ( a very rare visit) and to me before serving her. I mean, guests first right? We were out on the porch and could hear every word going on inside their house. She must have been an amazon parrot in her previous life! :madwife:
I'm so sorry for your dad.

When I hear stories like this, I always wonder "why" and "what happened" to the fit throwers to make them think their awful actions were okay.

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I have a friend who has two kids and two pit bulls, when people give him attitude, his response is “try to touch one of their kids, see what happens.” Not a soul has been foolish enough to try ;)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry for your dad.

When I hear stories like this, I always wonder "why" and "what happened" to the fit throwers to make them think their awful actions were okay.
Thank you. This was just a small fraction of how she treated my father. Even my own husband would tell you he's never met anyone like her. She didn't have a bad childhood at all. She was simply a devil in sheeps clothing. If I told you all the stories it would make you cry. If I wanted to be a part of his life I could say nothing. I could say it to him but definitely not her if I wanted to be able to visit. Even when he was dying from cancer... she could be cruel with words. My father served our country for 24 years in the Air Force and certainly didn't deserve the treatment he received.... right down the the seconds after he passed away with all of us by his bedside. Unbelievable.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sad. Just unbelievably sad.

I'm sorry you had to choke back the words. Your dad was blessed though that his family loved him enough to do that.