• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rafiki

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am so sorry for your loss

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am very sorry for your loss

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just made myself a cup of tea, and burst out crying when I remembered how much Rafi loved my white mug. It was her favourite thing to play with. She used to tap it all over with her beak and her toes, knock it onto its side, and drag it around by the handle like she was swinging an ax.

In three days, it'll be seven months since I lost her. It still hurts like it was yesterday.

There's such a gaping hole in my life where she used to be. There will never be another fid in my life, in the world, like her.

I love you, Rafs. I miss you.

Screenshot_20181012-195853.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How funny that she loved your mug. :swoon: She sounds like she was a really special girl. She might not have been able to overcome her old life physically, but the change you made in her is clear. She was so happy and free in your care. Thank you for saving her & letting her enjoy the time she had left. :bluhug:

You have as many sad cups of tea as you need. Even though you cry because you miss her you are remembering the good times, too. Good times that she wouldn't have had at that hardware store. :pinksmile:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry it brought everything back but you loved her and it hurts when something reminds you of her. It was like that after I lost Nerd who'd been my best bud for 31 years but I finally can think of all the good times now that a bunch of time has passed. Hang in there, your not the only one that has felt this way and we're all here behind you.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
How funny that she loved your mug. :swoon:
I used to joke that she was offended by it, and was beating it up because it says "all you need is love and a dog" :laugh:

She was an angel. She was the only kid I've ever had who never gave me an attitude, lol. All she wanted was affection and attention, and she gave it back in spades.

I don't know if I ever explained what happened, but vet analysis determined that she likely passed from a sudden stroke. I'm still devastated that I lost her so abruptly, and when I thought we'd have years and years together. But she was so happy.

She got to play and explore and eat delicious food and get loved on for what would ultimately be the last months of her life. And she deserved that joy.

But god, does it ever hurt...

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Big huge hugs. I surely understand. :hug6:

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I am sending lots of hugs and love. :sadhug:

Even though she is gone, her love still lives on. That kind of love never goes away.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:sadhug:

I understand completely.

There is an animal carrier here...we use it to transport the guinea pigs to and fro. It came to us about 10 years ago...when we brought Cassie home for the first time.

Anyway, the other day Irving was going to the pet blessing, and Kathy carried the carrier out to the car. I looked over and saw the carrier...with the part that Cassie chewed out...

Yes, big boys do cry..."Be a Good Bird...Daddy loves you"...

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm so sorry that you lost Rafiki. It hurts for always, but hurts less with time.
Rafiki, fly high and free and say hi to Hank when you see him.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
They fly into our hearts and leave feather dust on our souls forever...
I'm so sorry for your loss of Rafiki

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I realised last night that this year, I have lost SEVEN kids. Seven.

Rafiki, my aussie Anita, my pacman frog Trevor, my angelfish Pooch, my baby fantail Xiao-Mei, sweet little Sprite, and my tarantula sling Wilhelmina.

Not even counting the insane number of emergency vet visits and close calls, 2018 is without question the most devastating and cruel year of my life.

I guess when you open your home and your heart to a huge clan, you risk losing more, but...seven...

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I feel you :( Sometimes I feel cursed.

2 rat girls, about 7 years ago now. But in the last 4 years I have lost 3 birds - Gizmo, Koopa, and Bobber. It is hard to keep going at times when you have that amount of grief in your heart :(

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so sorry, it’s so hard to loose our special friends. That’s so many to loose in one year!
:sadhug2:
Unfortunately that number will increase as you get older unless you stop having critters, but I’m sure that’s not going to happen. It doesn’t get any easier either, but I guess that’s the price we pay for the joy they bring. My heart goes out to you.:(

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I realised last night that this year, I have lost SEVEN kids. Seven.

Rafiki, my aussie Anita, my pacman frog Trevor, my angelfish Pooch, my baby fantail Xiao-Mei, sweet little Sprite, and my tarantula sling Wilhelmina.

Not even counting the insane number of emergency vet visits and close calls, 2018 is without question the most devastating and cruel year of my life.

I guess when you open your home and your heart to a huge clan, you risk losing more, but...seven...
My goodness...that's so much for a heart to bear in such a short time.

We had a similar time from the middle of 2016 to early 2017...we lost Sky, Goalie, my BIL, Marty, and Titan in that span.

There are no words I can express, so... :sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am sorry for your loss