• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rabbit People

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So I have a grand bunny. Her litter box is cleaned twice a day because she stays in the cage a lot. She hasaid had sporadic supervised out of cage time when she is here (grandma hovers). Bianca has ate at least 3 computer cords that I'm aware of (during daughter's college), a strand of Christmas lights, and buttons off a remote control (@finchly here too). I don't know why it doesn't hurt her when electricity is going through these things.

Thanks for the pineapple juice tip @Debbie ! I'm going to tell her that one!

Parrot's Treasure had a bunny toy that I bought several of. They do fling their toys.

There is a Web site that sells cardboard cottages for rabbits. I got Bianca one for Christmas once.
Cats & Rabbits & More - Adoptions ~ Education ~ Pet Products - Cottontail Cottages

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
My family & I have a lot of experience with rabbits. My parents had rabbits growing up & then about 10 years ago we got house rabbits. They are such sweet pets & my family misses having them (can't get any now sadly). I agree, the bunny is probably lonely. Rabbits are very social animals, they groom each other etc. Actually once, one of our rabbits choked on a dried carrot or something of that nature. It was over the weekend of course, no vets opened. He could breath, it was just labored. The night of the incident the other 2 cage mates (they had a massive cage), cuddled up to him & protected him/comforted him until the next morning when the vet opened. Thankfully he was okay after he went to the vet & had the carrot endoscopically removed. Yes, rabbits need their litter box cleaned daily & their cage at least once a week if not more. Yes, they also need several hours out of the cage daily too, ours were spoiled & acted like cats lol!