• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

quick falconry video

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hey guys, I didn't know where I could put this thread as I couldn't find anywhere where it would relate too. So I put it in this section, though he does have feathers haha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlxvMrm-ROE

it's only a really quick video of Chalkie in his aviary doing some really fast training.

Please if you have a weak stomach or anything like that do not watch this as the food he is eating is a little gross, you can't see it that well cause of the sun but hey.

Also please pay in mind I do not keep these birds as an act of cruelty or anything. I fly my birds free and if they wanted to leave then they can if they want to. They see me as a hunting partner, and nothing that is keeping them away from being natural etc. I know everybody has their own beliefs, but it is true. If they wanted to go, then they can! So don't worry please!

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Gorgeous. I miss working with birds of prey sometimes. I spent two years with a red tail, barred owl, kestrel and a bald eagle in an educational program with a small zoo about rehabilitation and rescue. Nothing was more breathtaking then seeing the red tail come in and backwing onto my arm. He was the only one of the four that could still really fly after various accidents had crippled them, but they were all lovely. Then again when i miss them I can just look at my left hand from where the eagle took exception to something one day and gave me 19 stitches. Ah well, never stopped me from loving them. You're very lucky to have him/her! Wish I could take on such a responsibility, but I know I'm not equal to the task.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Beautiful Daisy! I love falconry. I worked for a zoo and educational program for many years and loved working with owls, falcons and hawks!

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
that's awesome guys! I handle many birds of prey often but Chalkie, Axel and Jugger are all mine, and a nameless barnowl XD

if you have a look at my other vids you'll see the other birds I get to work with :D

Status
Not open for further replies.