• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Questions on group rule & more

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Help! I really need to vent about a travel cage. I'm unsure if I can post the company's name site info etc... May I do this? :think1: or is it a :bignono:
I'm a newer member & am concerned not only for my Buddy's safety & wellness but other flock families as well! I noticed another posting regarding same carrier for a different issue. I'm also wondering if anyone has contacted the company & if they had any luck.

Thank you in advance!
Rain & :mrha:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We have an entire thread calling out toys etc for safety issues. I don't see why this would be any different.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
As far as the company goes, you can't be sued if you tell the truth.

I'm sure the owners on this forum would like to know what problems you had.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Mizzely & Hank!
Should I post on the Safety area, it's regarding an acrylic carrier that I thought would be the most secure if we were ever in an accident while traveling. Now I have a handle/perch that's got to be jammed together sometimes just walking to the car w/him. Plus there is a broken pin. It's important that other newbies do not make my mistake.

I want to ensure that I find out if talking to third CS people is even worth the time. I did not know this Big Brand Company was China based till today. I didn't even make an association to the brand till I did some research. Now I feel like an idiot because it was my lack of experience, & missing that step that may have caused this. Grumbling @ myself.

Thanks again!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Hi Mizzely & Hank!
Should I post on the Safety area, it's regarding an acrylic carrier that I thought would be the most secure if we were ever in an accident while traveling. Now I have a handle/perch that's got to be jammed together sometimes just walking to the car w/him. Plus there is a broken pin. It's important that other newbies do not make my mistake.

I want to ensure that I find out if talking to third CS people is even worth the time. I did not know this Big Brand Company was China based till today. I didn't even make an association to the brand till I did some research. Now I feel like an idiot because it was my lack of experience, & missing that step that may have caused this. Grumbling @ myself.

Thanks again!
It might be better for you to post in the safety area because it is easier for people to see all of the troubled products. Thanks for wanting to do this. It is important to know any issues in products especially if they can lead to an escape.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It might be better for you to post in the safety area because it is easier for people to see all of the troubled products. Thanks for wanting to do this. It is important to know any issues in products especially if they can lead to an escape.

That's my biggest fear too! They clipped him @ the 1st vet visit but it made him more prone to crashing into things. I also believe he may have had some muscle atrophy. For the past month & 1/2 we have been training to go from different areas in two rooms to the cage. We exercised for months to get him to that point. We have been taking baby steps w/ step ups etc to get him to do so well. I'm really proud of him. At his 1st & 2nd appt's w/ vet we started talking about a chip to get him to me if he ever got lost. I do not have a harness, he is not been outdoors in 20 or so years till I inherited him, best as I could tell by checking w/ every avian vet in the area (wasn't in any office in NY's 10 year hold period for records). Plus a few of Dads neighbors, 1 didn't even know Dad had a bird. It's so very new for my Buddy. I also don't know for sure but do not think he flew at my Dads. I never saw it even when he was young. I'd absolutely hate to loose him for something this dumb.

Yes, the loss of money is as contention point even if repaired I'm unsure I'd trust it much now! The loss of money is so not worth his health, wellness or love!

Thanks for listening, I'll post later tonight or tomorrow on the Safety area!

:grouphug2:to you all!