• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Questions answered

ArowanaLover

Sprinting down the street
I have kept freshwater fish for quite a while and know a lot about them. I can also help you with DIY builds for your filters.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Would love to see some pics of your tanks. :)

ArowanaLover

There is the 55, i also have a 30. I used to have more, but i don't need them right now.

Attachments

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
@ArowanaLover What kind of substrate do you use for you aquariums? Curious as you seem to have more natural-looking set-ups. I've only kept gourami, bettas, guppies, and danios before (at different times).

P.S. I don't think I'd want anything as huge as an arowana ;), but they are stunning.

ArowanaLover

I use an aquarium sand and aquarium gravel mix, the mix depends on whether or not there will be plants or delicate bottom feeders. I also only use live plants and natural decor (rocks and driftwood) for a more natural look.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I use an aquarium sand and aquarium gravel mix, the mix depends on whether or not there will be plants or delicate bottom feeders. I also only use live plants and natural decor (rocks and driftwood) for a more natural look.
I've used aquarium sand before, I always thought it was beautiful in tanks. I've never tried it but I know some people use dirted plant aquariums as a natural theme and was curious how you got your plants to grow/attach. Thanks! :)

ArowanaLover

The 55 gallon used to be more lush but the redtail catfish and python eels decided that they wanted to eat them. I will have to give him away/sell him when he is older but for now he is small.

ArowanaLover

Got some apistogramma C. (look them up, they are some of the most beautiful cichlids) babies in the 30 gallon and i am hoping to set up a breeder colony.