• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question..

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Do G2s prefer to hop rather than walk?

Elvis exclusively hops around...it's very cute for me to see...

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Not a clue, but the picture I have in my mind is so cute:heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis is definitely a hopper. And he can hop really high when he wants to. He does walk sometimes and it's equally as cute to see. He is very pigeon toed and kind of struts when he walks.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Bob, you didn't know they were half bunny????:) I think it's a small Cockatoo thing!;)
It's just that Cassie nor Milton ever hopped around...I think it's cute. And E can get some distance...one and a half to two feet (estimating) when he hops...goodness!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Buggy only walks if she's picking up beads and toy parts on the ground. But if she needs to get somewhere quickly she hops. She also hops if she's feeling full of herself which is very cute to see, but she doesn't cover as much ground as Elvis.

And when she's feeling sassy she does a combination run/hop back and forth along the back of the leather sofa. I love the sound it makes! :joyful: we'll walk two fingers from end to end in front of her and she pauses, then run-hops to catch up. She'll play with us like this for 20 minutes!

Elvis is definitely a hopper. And he can hop really high when he wants to. He does walk sometimes and it's equally as cute to see. He is very pigeon toed and kind of struts when he walks.
I do love that pigeon-toed walk. :xflove: But I figured all birds did it. Our other three mostly climb.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Bob, you didn't know they were half bunny????:) I think it's a small Cockatoo thing!;)
Cockatiels are the same way part bird part bunny

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
All the ones I watch foraging on the side of the road, tearing up the bowling greens and demolishing farmers crops looking for nice roots and things seem to hop more than walk.
We see them a fair bit here where I live, unfortunately they do so much damage that permits are often granted to cull them which is horrible. Lots of people here have them as pets also and all the ones I have known do prefer to hop rather than walk. Maybe they prefer hopping because they are so pigeon toed? I have not seen one that does not do that gorgeous little waddle when they do walk. They are so damn cute!

jax7271

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
I have never seen Coco hop... but she does dance and spin to music a lot...
I'm not sure she has ever been around another G2...to see one do it
Maybe I will show her a video and see what happens!!

M_Riddly

Strolling the yard
I have never seen Leo hopping. He just walks or runs, which is adorable. His runs are clumsy and sometimes he will face plant. He has only hopped off or onto things that I know of. It would be adprible if he did start hopping. Also I have never seen a cockatiel hop around. None of mine have ever done that.