1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question: Freezing chop

Discussion in 'Feathered Food Court' started by Wendy27, 4/15/18.

1. Wendy27

Wendy27 Meeting neighbors Avenue Veteran

I have a question about freezing chop: I have these trays made for freezing homemade baby food - if I use these to freeze small portions of chop - can I then pop the frozen cubes out - and then place them in a freezer bag - or will they stick together of I do this? THANKS!

finchly likes this.
  2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor Tailgating Party! BINGO CHAMPION I Can't Stop Posting!

Shawna
    I have done that with both cat food and chop (separately obviously :lol:) and no issues with either :)

TikiMyn likes this.
  3. Tanya

Tanya Rollerblading along the road

Tanya
    We do it all the time here. In ice cube trays. Can't say I've seen a difference in the amount that ends up on the floor/walls/cage/ceiling as compared to the fresh stuff so I guess they're eating it. ;)

Mizzely likes this.
  4. Clueless

Clueless Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

I put my chop in small snack bags, just enough to serve a day or two. I flatten the bag and get the air out. I put several of those in a quart freezer bag and pout in the freezer.

The flat snack bags will thaw quickly.

Tanya likes this.
  5. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor Tailgating Party! BINGO CHAMPION I Can't Stop Posting!

Shawna

This is how I do it now too; just easier for me :)

Clueless and Tanya like this.
  6. finchly

finchly Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Vendor

Tanya
    I make huge batch’s and freeze in ice cube trays, transfer to freezer bags. the night before I move the cubes I need to the fridge for thawing 0R I use the microwave, but if you do that be sure to stir or wait a little while due to possible hot spots.

7. BirdManDan

BirdManDan Strolling the yard Vendor

Dan
    welcome pooh.jpg to the HOOD. That is exactly what I do with no problems. It's nice being able to do a large batch of chopping and then store it for future use as it's a lot of work when you have a large flock.

8. Lady Jane

Lady Jane Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Dianne
    I do not like to freeze the chopped veggies because it turns out mushy when thawed. Its better if you drain the fluid from the veggies first but that may take some of the nutrients away.

9. Wendy27

Wendy27 Meeting neighbors Avenue Veteran

Thanks everyone!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)