• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question for people with louder birds?

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Hi guys! I was just wondering, out of pure curiosity, those of you who have loud birds, do your neighbor's ever get mad from all the noise? Can they hear your birds from their house?

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We're lucky, our building seems really well made unlike some apartments, so sounds only come though in certain areas. That said, I know Buzzard's scream can make it through, but he doesn't do it often and when he does it's over so quickly I don't think they realize what it is.

Still, we're moving to a nice mobile home in the next few weeks and it will be nice not to have any shared walls with the neighbors.

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
We're lucky, our building seems really well made unlike some apartments, so sounds only come though in certain areas. That said, I know Buzzard's scream can make it through, but he doesn't do it often and when he does it's over so quickly I don't think they realize what it is.

Still, we're moving to a nice mobile home in the next few weeks and it will be nice not to have any shared walls with the neighbors.
That's good, i could imagine that! :blahblah::banghead: :blink:

I hope you enjoy your new home! :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Hi guys! I was just wondering, out of pure curiosity, those of you who have loud birds, do your neighbor's ever get mad from all the noise? Can they hear your birds from their house?
Nope.

They're not loud all the time.

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Nope.

They're not loud all the time.
Ok, I've never owned a large parrot, so i wouldn't know ;)

My parents once told me about some people who had a some large parrots or something, and apparently they were screaming a lot, so most people moved away , Tho, i doubt it's true.

Last edited:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Ok, I've never owned a large parrot, so i wouldn't know ;)

My parents once told me about some people who had a some large parrots or something, and apparently they were screaming a lot, so most people moved away :lol: Tho, i doubt it's true.

It probably is true. That's what happens with bad owners.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My neighbors who live diagonally across the street from us can sometimes here Elvis screaming. I'm assuming they meant when they're on their porch outside. I don't think they could hear him from inside but I don't know. They weren't actually complaining, just commenting. I couldn't have Elvis in an apartment. He's just too loud.

Erikalynnha

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
My neighbors have made comments about hearing Jellybean and Papaya (mostly Papaya... Sun conure enough said lol) even the neighbors across the street have claimed to hear them.

I just remind the lady to the right of me that she has nine dogs no kennel permit that like to bark all hours a day especially in the morning (1am to 2am and 4am to 6am) and the lady across the street from me and her family are always outside being dramatic arguing with each other and screaming. That usually shuts them up.

My neighbor to the left of me have told me that they've heard the birds screaming but it's never more than 5-10mins a day and they think it's funny that they're so loud that they can hear them from outside. They have little birds so they are pretty understanding :)

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
My neighbors who live diagonally across the street from us can sometimes here Elvis screaming. I'm assuming they meant when they're on their porch outside. I don't think they could hear him from inside but I don't know. They weren't actually complaining, just commenting. I couldn't have Elvis in an apartment. He's just too loud.
They can be really loud i guess!!! It's crazy that they can be heard from that far!

My neighbors have made comments about hearing Jellybean and Papaya (mostly Papaya... Sun conure enough said lol) even the neighbors across the street have claimed to hear them.

I just remind the lady to the right of me that she has nine dogs no kennel permit that like to bark all hours a day especially in the morning (1am to 2am and 4am to 6am) and the lady across the street from me and her family are always outside being dramatic arguing with each other and screaming. That usually shuts them up.

My neighbor to the left of me have told me that they've heard the birds screaming but it's never more than 5-10mins a day and they think it's funny that they're so loud that they can hear them from outside. They have little birds so they are pretty understanding :)
Wow, your neighborhood sounds pretty crazy! At least the noise blends in, rather than stands out!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes I got a knock on my door about Koopa (a green cheek) screeching. Luckily I figured out why she was screeching so much and remedied it.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I'm in rural area, have a couple neighbors, both know I have parrots.....commented they could hear them sometimes. One doesn't mind, the other, just an anti-social idiot that hates their own shadow......the middle finger is for them.
But yes my birds can get loud sometimes, usually when they see a hawk or eagle or owl that decided to have a perch in trees in yard. They can see it thru window and will raise the titanic in screaming bloody he11 to let you know it's there.

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Our neighbor has an extreme noise sensitivity to certain sounds, of which macaws are high on her list. She immediately experiences anger and rage whenever they vocalize. She has made our life absolutely miserable.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Our neighbor has an extreme noise sensitivity to certain sounds, of which macaws are high on her list. She immediately experiences anger and rage whenever they vocalize. She has made our life absolutely miserable.
That's why we folks are equipped with a middle finger! Lol

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
My Amazon parrot gets pretty loud sometimes during the day and you could hear her up to a few houses down (maybe 3-5) when she screams lol. When we first moved in 10 years ago we had some complaints but the last 6 years we had none. I worked with her to lower her screaming so she doesn't scream as often thankfully.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I live in an apartment. Once you enter the entrance from the street you can usually hear my birds in the afternoons. You have to walk through the entrance, up a flight of stairs, cross the outdoor patio, and enter my block.
My neighbour in front is ok. They moved in after we did and have never even mentioned noise. We are sure to gift wine and a nice card at christmas.
The guy on the otherside (in the block next to ours, but we have one wall between us), I really don´t even care if he is bothered by it or not. He has been banging a hammer for the last 3 years so he´s in no position to complain about noise.
The people upstairs are childhood friends of my boyfriend.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I live in a duplex with four birds who love the sounds of their own voices, including a macaw who brings down the house when he's hormonal.

Astoundingly, I've never received a single complaint about them. One of my neighbours upstairs is a busybody who whines to our landlady about eeeeverythiiing, and yet not a peep from her about my birds. Granted any noise complaints she makes, I can retaliate tenfold with the amount of noise she makes in a day, and she probably knows it. :lol:

My house is also very close to the neighbours on either side (think three feet from mine to theirs), and they don't have anything negative to say either. They often joke with me about my "guard parrots" frightening away ne'er-do-wells. :p

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Wow! Well, the birds don't know, they just want to sing their hearts out!

I was wondering how you guys keep in good terms with your neighbors! @Zara, now I know, that expensive gifts does the trick! :lol:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I was wondering how you guys keep in good terms with your neighbors! @Zara, now I know, that expensive gifts does the trick! :lol:
I think the most important thing is good manners. We always great them when we cross paths, between our doors, in the parking downstairs, in the street.
They know they can talk to us if they have a problem about anything :)