• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about new cage

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
Hi everyone. I just got my 34 year old Blue Front a new stainless steel cage. This is his third cage, and the first that isn't black. He is pretty afraid of the new cage. We had it for a week next to his old one, and yesterday we put him on it full time. The problem is that he is scared of the top perch, where the food cups are. He won't stay up there, so really hasn't eaten much since yesterday. I don't want to put the old cage back and start all over again, but also don't want to stress him too much. He only ate this morning after I put the food cup down on the bottom where he was sitting. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can do? I have already put all of his favorite foods in the cup. When I put him up there, he will eat one or two things and then run down to the bottom. Help!

hotfoot jackson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sue
I wouldn't go back to the old cage...just let him eat wherever he feels comfy...maybe eat near him when he is supposed to be eating....birds usually eat together so this should help stimulate him to eat...maybe offer his favourite treats up where the cups should go...it might help him get over his fear....but mostly just take as much time as he needs to adjust