• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about Mood

Alex Fernandez

Checking out the neighborhood
So I have a Sun and Jenday hybrid Conure named Skittles. I got him 4 days ago! He is tamed and very good bird! I have had no problems at all with biting or anything but today he seemed out of it. He didn’t want me to take him out of his cage at all. He would nip at me which he never done since the first day I got him. Any suggestions as to why he was a little more aggressive today? Is it normal?

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
4 days Congratulations on your new babies...they are still settling in, you will probably see a lot of changes as they settle in-its all new to them right now, they are probably alittle on the frightened side. Have they seen a vet prior to you bringing them home?

Alex Fernandez

Checking out the neighborhood
It’s one bird. He is a hybrid of those two breeds. And the place where I got him from had him checked and all before I brought him home. Should I still take him on my own? And ok that makes sense about settling in!

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
It’s one bird. He is a hybrid of those two breeds. And the place where I got him from had him checked and all before I brought him home. Should I still take him on my own? And ok that makes sense about settling in!
My GCCs took about 6 weeks to fully settle down, they are both hand reared. although sometimes (like today) they just don't want to be cuddled or kissed or even do any training sessions. i just let them do what they want to do at that point, as they may get nippy and they have their own emotions and thoughts. They sometimes just want to sit and chill with me or do their own thing like play with their toys or tell the other birds off for being in their garden XD.

As for the vets, you could still take him just to be on the safe side.

Congratulations on your new feathered baby!