• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question about EO Diffuser

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I just received my new essential oil diffuser and tried it for the first time this morning and love it! I have a question. Does anyone know of any limits on how many times to use it in a 24 hour period around birds? I read that it is recommended to only use it for three consecutive days and then not use it for a few days but have not read anything about how many times is ok in one day? I used it once so far and would like to run it again but want to check first.

This is the diffuser I bought (Zaq Dew):
http://www.amazon.com/ZAQ-LiteMist-Aromatherapy-Essential-Diffuser/dp/B00FZ29ICO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420567121&sr=8-1&keywords=ZAQ Dew LiteMist Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser, White

I decided after research to use Plant Therapy essential oils because they are high quality but not overpriced. I bought these three EO's to start:

Citrus Burst
Amazon.com: Citrus Burst Synergy. Essential Oil Blend. 10 ml (1/3 oz). 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade. (Blend of: Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime, Litsea, Mandarin and Orange): Health & Personal Care

Love Vanilla
http://www.amazon.com/Vanilla-Synergy-Essential-Undiluted-Therapeutic/dp/B00JU8RXE4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420567720&sr=8-2&keywords=Love Vanilla Synergy Essential Oil Blend. 10 ml (1/3 oz) 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade. (Blend of: Vanillas and Ylang Ylang)

Relax
Amazon.com: Relax Synergy (Mental Relaxation) Essential Oil Blend. 10 ml. 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade. (Blend of: Lavender, Marjoram, Patchouli, Mandarin, Geranium and Chamomile): Health & Personal Care

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I can't answer your question but I'm so glad this thread got started. I bought an oil diffuser yesterday (it plugs into an outlet). I know it won't mist but I need the calming oil for my cats and figured the birds and I could benefit from it too.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have been advised by Melissa Shelton and Angela Nelson to cycle diffusion;
three days on, then one day off
or
five days on, then two days off

Always watch them closely for any adverse reaction when first using a new EO. Be certain your chosen brand of EO is quality, pure and therapeutic grade. I prefer to use Young Living.

I use this diffuser: About our Unique Ultra Sonic Diffusers :: Plant Extracts International Inc.

Last edited:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Inhalation / Diffusion
One of the easiest ways to use essential oils is through inhalation. During inhalation, molecules travel through the nose and affect the brain through a variety of receptor sites. One of these sites is the limbic system which is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance. Molecules inhaled through the nose or mouth are also carried to the lungs and interact with the respiratory system. Thus, inhaled essential oils can affect the body through several systems and pathways.

A cold air diffuser should be used for therapeutic essential oils. The diffuser uses a small compressor to infuse air into the essential oil and disperse it through the area. The diffused particulates permeate the air and surround the recipient with the healing properties of the essential oil. Heat-generated diffusers create a nice aroma, but do not benefit health.

Healing Touch for Animals Essential Oil Beginnings

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Once I am certain that my bird will not have an adverse reaction to an EO, I diffuse without worry and don't limit time.

I fill the diffuser with distilled water and use a drop or two of YL parrot safe essential oil. Like I said earlier I use the Plant Extracts Ultra Sonic Diffuser that has settings so I can determine how much and how often it is diffused.

For the birds I use a Volume 2 (Medium) and Mode 4 setting; In Mode 4 your diffuser will diffuse intermittently: on for 15 seconds, then rest for 50 seconds, until low water level is reached, and it will automatically turn itself off.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Once I am sure my birds have no adverse reaction to essential oils I will probably purchase the Plant Extracts Ultra Sonic Diffuser after I do some more research on it. I didn't want to spend the money till I was sure my birds and myself were ok with it. I like the different settings on that unit. It looks like a big diffuser (unless it's just the picture angle). My room is small by my understanding is it has various settings to accommodate room size but like said I need to do more research on it. :)

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This video will help you visualize the size. They're very cute with a nice light sequence!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh! He's a little guy! Awesome! :D

BigMacWonder

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
i have had positive experience with Eos for my parrots. I use YL but I think as longs the Eo is 100% pure, should be fine. I especially love frankincense, neem and some other YL blend oil, ESPECIALY Valor. it really did calm my bird down. Good stuff!