• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quakers are illegal in some states- Legal, Illegal & Restricted States Listing

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Re: Quakers are illegal in some states

that is a great list Martine, very comprehensive!!

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
Re: Quakers are illegal in some states

Thank god I live in a quaker friendly state. I would be lost without my 3 quakes. They are just the best fids. So smart and beautiful.
Quakers rule! :heart:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thanks for the list Martine.

I just read each states laws, I think Kansas's stand is a bit akward. :o:

Kansas -Law states ownership is legal with a permit; however, the state has no forms for a permit application and the Department of Fish and Wildlife will not issue one......(stalemate) -- State considering opening Monk ownership - Results TBA

flower

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
glenda
I am glad that Texas will allow Quakers, because I would be lost without Buddy.

kneel

Strolling the yard
Real Name
kneel
we're from ohio....the eastern boarder. Well...we went over in to PA one day and just happened to stop into a pet store to look around. The people behind the counter were like "Oh what kind of birds do you have?" So, without thinking, we said we have a green Quaker, an African Grey, and a Conure.

Well...you shoulda seen the looks on their faces....they leaned over the counter, and said "you know, if your caught, they will take your quaker and straight up kill it, no questions asked". I'm thinking "how cruel can you possibly be?" My wife looked over and told them we we're from ohio and its legal and we all had a chuckle and got the hell outta there!!

Skrew that law in PA!

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
we're from ohio....the eastern boarder. Well...we went over in to PA one day and just happened to stop into a pet store to look around. The people behind the counter were like "Oh what kind of birds do you have?" So, without thinking, we said we have a green Quaker, an African Grey, and a Conure.

Well...you shoulda seen the looks on their faces....they leaned over the counter, and said "you know, if your caught, they will take your quaker and straight up kill it, no questions asked". I'm thinking "how cruel can you possibly be?" My wife looked over and told them we we're from ohio and its legal and we all had a chuckle and got the hell outta there!!

Skrew that law in PA!
:lol: Apparently there is a big problem with feral flocks of Quakers in PA, but I have lived here almost my whole entire life and have never seen one! The first time I saw one up close was when we were visiting friends in NY and we saw one in a petstore.

birdmama61

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
cathy
I think it is ridiculous to have laws against quakers , crows do far more damage and so do big corporations to our air and water and we dont see anybody wanting to destroy them .

Believe

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Rachel
Awwwww. I really wanted a Quaker. Stupid GA government!!:mad:

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
thanks for posting. this was really interesting!!

Status
Not open for further replies.