• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Quaker Parrot Losing Weight?

LydiaB

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lydia
Eddie has been losing weight lately and I don't know if I should be worried. Our vet said he was a little overweight but he's lost like, 11 grams and we haven't really changed much. I just don't feed him as many peas as usual. Could that be it, or should I be worried. Other than the weight loss, he seems completely normal, so I don't know.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
How long did it take for Eddie to lose 11 grams? What's his weight now? Is he eating and drinking as normal, has healthy poop?

LydiaB

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lydia
How long did it take for Eddie to lose 11 grams? What's his weight now? Is he eating and drinking as normal, has healthy poop?
Its been a couple weeks since we last took him to the vet. He doesn't like to eat all of his food and picks out all the dried fruits/anything he likes, but he's been doing that since I got him. I do feed him other vegetables and fruits to make sure he gets enough food/nutrients. His poop seems normal, hes just as energetic as ever. He has just lost a few grams in these past few days, so thats why I'm a little worried.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
A lot of fruits just have water, but not much in nutrients for the birds. It's best to weigh him (assuming you have a scale, since you said he's lost 11 grams) and call your vet tomorrow with that information.