• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

quaker in love with his toy

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
What exactly is he doing with his toy? Spending more time with it then you? Is it a mirror? Sometimes birds will get especially "addicted" to mirrors.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
My quaker goes at it every day, multiple times a day.

It's certainly nothing for you to be embarrassed about and I don't think it's something you need to stop. I may be wrong but I think it's natural since s/he doesn't have a mate.

ZoeyFredrik

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
It is that time of the year. Sam is in the mood too. Nearly every night when he comes into the kitchen to do dishes with me he gets all excited over some sort of kitchen thing (cups, silverware, tupperware). When he was younger, his toys got him excited. If it became too much of an obsession I would remove it.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I'm assuming that your Quaker is mating with the toy. It's a bit embarrassing when they do it when non-bird people are around, I guess....but it's a natural function that happens.
Sunshine Tiel does it to the corner of his food bowl...but only his food bowl...:confused: