• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker/Conure??

HUV AVIARIES

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
HUV AVIARIES
I have posted the pics as promised.
They are the best I can take at the moment due to space restrictions and trying to get a pic of both birds in one shot and the egg.
I candled the egg it does not look to be fertile, I will let her sit a little longer and pull it out.

Roxane

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Roxane
O.K now thats interresting !!!
if it hatches I want to see picks of the first conker :lol:

HUV AVIARIES

Real Name
HUV AVIARIES
Eggs were clear, But I will let them try again this year and hopefully we get a fertile egg

Marylou

I too have a Quaker and a female conure. She laid an egg the other day which I threw away, then my granddaughter asked me if they can mate and have babies. So I put it in google and it brought me to your post. I just thought they couldn't. So reading your post I think I'll let her sit on it a while then put a light on it. They are free to fly around my bedroom during the day and he is always sitting on her cage and she hasnt been chasing him away lately.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
I too have a Quaker and a female conure. She laid an egg the other day which I threw away, then my granddaughter asked me if they can mate and have babies. So I put it in google and it brought me to your post. I just thought they couldn't. So reading your post I think I'll let her sit on it a while then put a light on it. They are free to fly around my bedroom during the day and he is always sitting on her cage and she hasnt been chasing him away lately.
Welcome to AA! This was a very old April Fool's joke apparently. I just read through the whole thread. It's not a bad idea to let her sit on them though so she won't lay more.

Marylou

Omg I remember this thread lol. Yes, April Fool's joke :)
Well mine's no joke. I read through that whole thread. My birds are 14 years old got them right after weaning from a bird store. I got baby food from petsmart in case i find a baby or think one of mine needs boosting up. I have 13 birds 2 quakers, 1 sun conure, 1 green cheek conure, 2 doves, 5 parakeets, 2 finches.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Well mine's no joke. I read through that whole thread. My birds are 14 years old got them right after weaning from a bird store. I got baby food from petsmart in case i find a baby or think one of mine needs boosting up. I have 13 birds 2 quakers, 1 sun conure, 1 green cheek conure, 2 doves, 5 parakeets, 2 finches.

I just mean that a quaker and a conure cannot (or should not be able to) create a fertile egg.

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
What gender is the sun conure? I wasn't making light of your situation, but, either the eggs aren't fertile or, if they are, it would be more likely that your GCC and Sun had eggs rather than a Quaker and a GCC. If the eggs are fertile and are actually Quaker/Conures, I will be very surprised.

Marylou

My Quaker is a male had him blood tested when I bought him. A month latarer i bought the sun conure and had her tested I keep the conure and quaker in my bedroom. The green cheek never gets near them. He's under a year old. I keep them in the bedroom because I had just the two of them and put the cages too close to the patio door. Their wings were clipped some. One day beginning of November someone was coming in the house and it was sucking the air out of the house and i turned and all i saw was a green flash going out the door. The conure ducked down in her cage real quick. I thought he would be on the ground outside. Spent the rest of the day searching the neighborhood calling his name. Wind was 40 miles an hour that day blowing to the east. I put a picture of him on craigs list every week, put pictures of him on my car, poster flyers in 7-11s all over and any store thst would let me. I started getting calls from people seeing him at their bird feeders so i rode around that neighborhood time after time. I felt so bad because we had a special bond. I asked one neighbor who was a vet what his chances were and he says (oh hes probably dead by now) but i kept feeling that he was still out there. Then i had people call and want to know what the reward was right away then they say they have him in a box. And i was so desperate i thought it was a hoax but i thought i would see what happens. So i told them to meet me in a restaurant parking lot so my son could watch from my porch. Well after an hour he was a no show. I met my best friend at the time, i went in the store she worked at and asked her if i could put posters up and she said sure alot of customers came in from the area i got calls from. There was a pet store next door so i would check there and put a flyer up. We got to talking and she had two blue and gold macaws and a green amazon. I really needed someone like her that understood that bond and we stayed good friends till she passed after her second stroke. Anyway winter came and went then march comes and then i get a call from a guy who was golfing on the south side of town and he said he flew down landed on his shoulder then flew back into the tree then flew back to him and this time he was able to catch him put him in a cat carrier and take him to a bird store to find out what kind of bird he was then looked on craigs list and saw his picture and called me up. I felt like this was the real one so i asked to meet me in the same parking lot. And as soon as i saw him i knew it was him. The man didn't want any reward said he had animals too so i gave him money for gas. When i got him home and was going up my steps he said his name and looked like he was very weak. As soon as he saw my tea cup he flew straight for it because whenever we both were just chilling watch tv i would give him a couple sips. Gave him all he wanted to eat and then i put him to bed in his cage. I had bought another quaker from the pet store not to replace him but the lady says would you like to hold him and he picked me he said hello and got on my shoulder and kept kissing me and i felt sorry because the people thathad bought him when he was young brought him back to the store, no name. He could be loud and nippy but once i got him on my shoulder he was very loving. He was the same age as mine and now their best buds. 20180219_101645.jpg 20180409_170735.jpg 20190102_142245_HDR.jpg I know its a long story and i wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through it. So he don't like to go near windows thats why i keep him in my bedroom except when i take them out to sit with me awhile. Their all spoiled and happy.

Marylou

I just mean that a quaker and a conure cannot (or should not be able to) create a fertile egg.
My conure is female. She ended up with 3 eggs. So i waited a couple weeks to put a light to them. Nothing could clearly see the yolk. Gave them one more week tried light again and again nothing so i had to throw them out.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
*IF* she were to lay a fertile egg, it would have been a sun conure. I haven't heard of anything larger than a cockatiel (i.e. not conures, quakers, or larger) being able to reproduce through parthenogenesis (aka "self cloning"), but it has occurred in cockatiels, lovebirds and finches at least - from what I've heard.