• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PVC playstand ideas?

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I want to make another playstand for Chirp, so I'm trying to come up with design ideas. I'd love something big for him, I'm thinking maybe maximizing efficiency by making it tall? I still have to think on it, and work things out, and then I'll have to get the supplies. I think I have some spare connector pieces, and I have some vet wrap on hand.

A while back I built this stand at half size, and Chirp seemed to like it, but I had to get rid of it because the vet wrap I used got gummy and left thick sticky residue on the pvc. So maybe I'll modify the design and go at full scale?

So ideas? Setups that have worked in your experience?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

Attachments

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
In order to keep the vet wrap from getting sticky, you need to change it every few months. Also, it's easier to clean furniture grade PVC, if that interests you.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Here is Gigi's setup for some ideas. She especially likes the blanket thrown over the side.
I love the idea of the blanket, going to give it a try. I was thinking this morning that I wanted to ask you about how long it took for Gigi's flight feathers to grow back in? Mt boys' are taking forever.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was thinking this morning that I wanted to ask you about how long it took for Gigi's flight feathers to grow back in? Mt boys' are taking forever.
Gigi was born on 2/1/18 and clipped 3/15/18. In the Fall she began to be able to fly short distances with a few feathers in. By 1/19 I think she was a very good flyer with most of her cut feathers gone. I thought they were all in, but the vet told me last week that she saw a cut secondary feather. So yeah, it was such a long time!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Good to know. Emrys grew in one and then dropped it, and recently grew one in on the other side and still has it. They were clipped early October but have finally started a moult. They're clumsy with the clip so I'm looking forward to them being more mobile.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good to know. Emrys grew in one and then dropped it, and recently grew one in on the other side and still has it. They were clipped early October but have finally started a moult. They're clumsy with the clip so I'm looking forward to them being more mobile.
Oh my gosh, it's the best now that Gigi can fly. I hope your babies get their flights soon!

Sorry to hijack your thread Bee!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The hijack is my fault, sorry!