• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Puppy teenage time- I need a drink!

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Molly is now 9 months and really testing her boundaries and voice. For a 10lb. dog she has a big voice and uses it. I got her Emark DNA breed and health test back . She has 32 % small poodle in her which surprised me. She has other breeds and mixed of course but I would need to go on my account to get that. They also test for a lot of breed health issues and she came back clear.

This time shall pass with the back talk.:tmsmakesme:

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I empathize. My springer's 6-9 month period nearly ended me. He has all the hyperactive energy of a field bred sporting dog plus submissive urination. He'd come in from outside bouncing around on the bed, the chair swiping moody paws all over the place including the walls and me and if I made any move, even if was a simple redirection that he thought might be because I was mad(not even yelling) he'd pee. Then I'd have mud on three pieces of furniture, the walls and a pee mess to clean up because he thought I was mad at him. The pee might be on the chair or bed which would require late night laundry if he happened to be on one of those pieces of furniture when he realized I might not be happy. Learning to work with a soft dog through the teenage years was crazy. I called my mom to vent a couple times laughing but with tears coming out my eyes because I also wanted to cry because I just cleaned up the muddy walls and he peed again because he stole my sock and I told him to drop it. This was a multiple times a day circus. We are better now. He just turned 1 in May.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
So far no submissive peeing from Molly. Just a lot of back talk and we are a frustrated greeter so working a lot on that so that we can get control over our frustrations and not sound like we are going to rip somebodys head off! At least if I need to get her out of a place I just pick her up and leave. She only weighs 10 lbs.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I've been thinking of your two, how are you doing? Is it still teenage puppy nightmare time or is she getting through the some of it now that it's been a month?

Moshimaru

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Would love to see a picture of your pup!

I've got 7 dogs, ranging from 1-12 years. I am still waiting for the older ones to be those old fuddy duddy dogs that slow down and have at least some self preservation. The two ten year olds are trouble, the almost 8 stick acts like he's 4 months, plus add in the puppy and the Border Collie mix. Add in a whole bunch of sass, cuddles, and troublesome mischief.

Debbie

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debbie
Ahhhhh the teenage years...tough with dogs and humans! Cute dog...