• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pumpkin Pie!

Coldbreeze

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alana
I rescued a small, wet ball of orange fur in a terrible thunder storm. She was yowling and I look outside my window to find her scared on my neighbors roof! So I run outside in the down pour and call to the kitty. She waddles to the edge and attempts to climb down a tree but just ends up falling down. Unharmed she slowly walks near me. I open my front door and she jolts inside. This happened 18 years ago. :) shes healthy as can be and VERY talkative. Not huge into cuddling but will lay with you or near you in bed or on the couch.

Attachments

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
You love her and that's what counts! Be warned though, even gentle senior cats eat birds.

My cat and flock aren't allowed to be in the same part of the house together!

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Ya, I'm unsure how she will react to the bird.. I've had hamster before and my other cat who passed away few years back was the cat that would have to be in another room. Pumpkin? SUCH A SCARDY CAT. She ran from my hamster.. like tail puffed scared. So I'm wondering if shell run from the bird or just ignore it or if I'll have to keep them separated. Shes really mellow. Always has been. When she was younger and we lived in the house her favorite game was fetch. I'd toss her mouse toy down the 13 steps and she would fly down and lay with it or on it. After like 10-15 min she would bring it to me in her mouth and drop it on my foot. I miss that game. But shes a old lady now. She loves to look out my six windows in my room. And meow for food.. always meowing for food...

Reactions: LSA

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
I love telling this silly story!
My darling chose my travel bag as her "place." My cat got curious about that thing inside. In went the nose, out it came with the bird attached. The cat started running, the bird bit hard not to be flung off, so the cat ran faster, which made the bird bite harder. If that wasn't enough, I joined in the chase! What a sight we must have been!

Coldbreeze

Real Name
Alana
Oh my goodness! Something out of a sitcom!! Hah. My ex said his cat would be curious about his Amazon, Eddie and once Eddie nipped the cat on the nose the cat never bothered Eddie again. Hahahahah

Reactions: LSA