1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Professional carpet cleaning and birds?

Discussion in 'Safety Avenue' started by Pamela C, 6/14/19 at 4:42 PM.

1. Pamela C

Pamela C Meeting neighbors

Hello All

I have 2 lovebirds and will be moving into a new home in a few weeks (I settle next Friday-Yay!)
    Anyway I am due to have the carpets cleaned the same day, the 21st, and then will be officially moving into the house a little over a week later on the 29th. Since the birds will not be IN the house during the cleaning or a week afterwards should it be safe for them? I plan on airing the house out the weekend after carpets are cleaned and then bringing my critters with me when I move in a week later. Any advice would be appeeciated. Thank you!

2. expressmailtome

expressmailtome Ripping up the road Administrator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Matthew
  3. Hawk12237

Hawk12237 Rollerblading along the road

Michael
    Don't see a problem if aired out for week. Used carpet cleaning my self in past, couple days of airing out should be fine..best advice, play it by ear. Or rather by nose....if you smell it, so will the birds. Some of those carpet cleaners use a bit strong mixture, just tell them you have birds, and to back down the mixture some. I'm sure they'll comply.

AmyJas likes this.
  4. Pamela C

Pamela C Meeting neighbors

Thank you! I do also have a call into the vet and am going to also let the carpet cleaners know that I don’t want anything strong or a deodoizer. May also keep my birds on the lower level (where there is no carpet) for a little longer even afterwards.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)