• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Problem with cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyoussef

Meeting neighbors
I received my a and e dometop cage today from csnstores, and when I opened it I found that there was a brown coloured portion on two parts of the cage. It was also on the bubble wrap too, but it really sticks out because the cage is white. I would like to know if you guys think it's rust or what, and also if you think I should call the a and e hotline.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
It could also just be dirt, have you tried cleaning it with anything?
Could you post a picture?

Gyoussef

Meeting neighbors
I tried to wipe it off with a cloth and water, and it did not come off. While I was downstairs typing this I found out that my sister tried to use a little soap as well and it did not do anything. I called a&e and they told me that I should hear back from them in about an hour. I will try and post a pic.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
it doesn't look like rust, in the pic it almost looks more like blood or maybe grease.

I would try cleaning it with something stronger.

Gyoussef

Meeting neighbors
What is something good to clean it with? I don't want to try and use something toxic. My sister is suggesting CLR.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Have you heard back from A&E yet?

I would wait to hear from them before doing anything else to it - this is not a cage that is presently housing a bird, right?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I have disgusting marks like that on a flight cage stand I have on the lanai as an extra cage. I never was able to remove the stains. (It was new too)
:(

Gyoussef

Meeting neighbors
Have you heard back from A&E yet?

I would wait to hear from them before doing anything else to it - this is not a cage that is presently housing a bird, right?
No it won't be housing a parrot for around two weeks. I am sending the cage back I have decided. I just found that one of the bars does not go all the way to the top edge, which equals a pretty big hazard. I just noticed two big bends in two of the bars as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.