• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Prevue Pet Anodized Aluminum Travel Cage?

Colbon2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki

I purchased this travel carrier for my Rose Crown Conure.. Does anyone have this item or have they used it before?

*Image is from Amazon.ca*

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

Mhert

Meeting neighbors
I don't have them personally but they're I've seen one and they're pretty nice. I wish I went with them over the Avian Adventures Poquito, because the two ruby ones I ordered have a crummy coating.

The only complaints I've really heard of on the prevue ones are some of the parts arriving broken, or the occasional bad weld but that's normal.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
@Colbon2
Yes, I have a Prevue travel cage.
It is well made. But a little bulky.
The one thing to watch is the perch handle which attached to the cage with a just screw. It could fail in the future, if it comes loose and falls off, the perch handle will detach from cage.
Joey plays on it.
I use a white collapsible cage for vet visits, less bulky.

Last edited:

Debebe

Meeting neighbors
I have that carrier for my blue crown conure. It's perfect for the car (straps in), but like Wendy said, it is a bit heavy. I would be comfortable using it for short weekend trips, but when we travel for longer, we end up using that in the car and another setup at destination.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I don't have them personally but they're I've seen one and they're pretty nice. I wish I went with them over the Avian Adventures Poquito, because the two ruby ones I ordered have a crummy coating.

The only complaints I've really heard of on the prevue ones are some of the parts arriving broken, or the occasional bad weld but that's normal.

Yeah, I looked for multiple reviews of all the options on amazon and ones I could purchase. It seems like these were one of the few ones with no real negativity. I looked at the poquito hotel ones and a lot of people stated they were incredibly hard to assemble and would require using a mallet hammer or a towel between the hammer and cage to fit pieces together. Almost every review said great cage hard to assemble. :D I figured someone here might be a better reference. Thanks :D

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
@Colbon2
Yes, I have a Prevue travel cage.
It is well made. But a little bulky.
The one thing to watch is the perch handle which attached to the cage with a just screw. It could fail in the future, if it comes loose and falls off, the perch handle will detach from cage.
Joey plays on it.
I use a white collapsible cage for vet visits, less bulky.

Thank you! I am wanting this as an alternative for when i travel and I need somoene to watch my rose crown conure. I am going away in November and need something for a week and a half. I figured this would work well. She is going to stay with my younger cousin, aunt and uncle. My cousin loves animals and takes great care of her lizard, dog and fish. She's been begging her mom for a bird so this might also be a great transition so she can see how much work they take. I also imagine she will hav more out of cage time being with my cousin then if I left her with my mom.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
I have that carrier for my blue crown conure. It's perfect for the car (straps in), but like Wendy said, it is a bit heavy. I would be comfortable using it for short weekend trips, but when we travel for longer, we end up using that in the car and another setup at destination.

ahh thanks.. Yeah I am hoping it'll work for a week and a half for my rose crown conure! :D you have a blue crown and I have a rose crown! except mine is much smaller than yours. I think blue crowns are so cute I've been researching them to learn more. Just for general knowledge. I don't plan on getting anther bird now.. I only have the Rose Crown currently.

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
upload_2018-9-3_17-29-12.jpeg
Here's the front of the cage! Zoey tried it out today and didn't seem to mind it...

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Anyone here have pictures of their travel cage set ups?