• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pressure cooker & Air fryer safe?

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
My dad started talking about how he wants to get a Pressure cooker & Air fryerb.

I know an Air fryer isn't good to use around birds (saw a couple posts I think on Facebook? Of people's birds dieing)
So what do I say to my dad about both of them that he wants to buy?? I don't want to lose Tweety if he gets a pressure cooker & air fryer :(
So pretty much this post is for everyone to tell me their thoughts on both of these so I can tell my dad about them

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have the Ninja air fryer and have used it now since Christmas probably 2 dozen times. I looked ours up and no PTFE or PFOA at all in the basket on ours. It is safe to use this brand anyhow.

The Instant Pots are also safe and free from any harmful PTFE etc. I use mine all the time making stew and other dishes.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Many of us here have Instant Pots. They are very safe and highly recommended.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have the Ninja air fryer and have used it now since Christmas probably 2 dozen times.
How well does it work?
Sounds like a cool thing. I also thought they were unsafe so I just ruled it off from the get go.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
How well does it work?
Sounds like a cool thing. I also thought they were unsafe so I just ruled it off from the get go.
It is AWESOME! I have cooked sausage, bacon, chicken wings, fish and made chicken tenders breaded the last 2 nights. I cut boneless skinless breasts sliced in half cut into strips. I breaded with egg, heavy cream and a mix of breadcrumbs and panko. They took within 7 or 8 mins turning once. I did Chicken Parmesan too. Full half breast sliced thin and breaded, melted the cheese in the toaster oven after it cooked super fast in this thing. I have never had any chicken not be tender.

I have roasted asparagus, using fresh brussel sprouts that were frozen. Delicious for veggies!

Amazing. My Keurig died, so I won't replace it. If this thing quits, I will hit another one asap! Things cook very fast in it. I do use a cooking spray to crisp the veggies and breadcrumb coated chicken.

I did parmesan crusted fish with Orange Roughy. Did snapper it was meh. You won't be disappointed!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have not tried the dehydrator setting but bought a mango today, stay tuned!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It is AWESOME! I have cooked sausage, bacon, chicken wings, fish and made chicken tenders breaded the last 2 nights. I cut boneless skinless breasts sliced in half cut into strips. I breaded with egg, heavy cream and a mix of breadcrumbs and panko. They took within 7 or 8 mins turning once. I did Chicken Parmesan too. Full half breast sliced thin and breaded, melted the cheese in the toaster oven after it cooked super fast in this thing. I have never had any chicken not be tender.

I have roasted asparagus, using fresh brussel sprouts that were frozen. Delicious for veggies!

Amazing. My Keurig died, so I won't replace it. If this thing quits, I will hit another one asap! Things cook very fast in it. I do use a cooking spray to crisp the veggies and breadcrumb coated chicken.

I did parmesan crusted fish with Orange Roughy. Did snapper it was meh. You won't be disappointed!
Cool! Thanks, sounds like I need one! :)

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I have the Ninja air fryer and have used it now since Christmas probably 2 dozen times. I looked ours up and no PTFE or PFOA at all in the basket on ours. It is safe to use this brand anyhow.

The Instant Pots are also safe and free from any harmful PTFE etc. I use mine all the time making stew and other dishes.
Hey Claire what model of Ninja Air Fryer do you have? We are looking into getting a couple of these.

Sunny&Mars

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I wanted to get an Air Fryer, but heard they weren't safe - good to know. Not sure if I will get one as I bought myself a second Instant Pot instead! I love those things!

Mybluebird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anne
You can buy the air fryer lid for your Instant Pot - Amazon has them. I haven't tried it so can't give any opinion.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hey Claire what model of Ninja Air Fryer do you have? We are looking into getting a couple of these.
I will look when I get home. They are pretty awesome. I just replaced the crisper plate. The coating was just beat up and things started to stick to it. Parts seem easy to get too!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I cooked some chicken drummets in the IP last nite and they were great. The bones are the perfect size for conures, etc.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Ours is the AF100. It's been a great kitchen addition!

I just got a Ninja coffee maker, can do iced, latte's or even a single cup.

Pretty cool. I ordered the SS mesh coffee filter. Easier then buying the cone shaped and easy to clean. I decided after my Keurig died, I was done with the Kcups. Too expensive and they are bad for the environment.

Ground coffee or whole bean is better to me anyway.

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Ours is the AF100. It's been a great kitchen addition!

I just got a Ninja coffee maker, can do iced, latte's or even a single cup.

Pretty cool. I ordered the SS mesh coffee filter. Easier then buying the cone shaped and easy to clean. I decided after my Keurig died, I was done with the Kcups. Too expensive and they are bad for the environment.

Ground coffee or whole bean is better to me anyway.
Thanks Claire, I will check that one out!!

We still use our Keurig but I use a refillable plastic container so there is no waste going to the landfill except the grounds, we have a regular pot too. I may check out that coffee maker though to replace my regular pot, it would be handy to be able to make latte's and iced coffee for friends.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thanks Claire, I will check that one out!!

We still use our Keurig but I use a refillable plastic container so there is no waste going to the landfill except the grounds, we have a regular pot too. I may check out that coffee maker though to replace my regular pot, it would be handy to be able to make latte's and iced coffee for friends.
So far I like it. I have not explored beyond the cup sizes and making a half pot. I used the same things with my Keurig, the refillable cups.

But this is good time to time the other hand wants a cup so I have a pot to make. I went back to my reliable Mr. Coffee for a bit after my other coffee machine died.

I like this one so far.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The cool things is, turn the dial to your desired brew.

Swing out basket, much nicer then popping a top lol.

One cup foldable holder for single brew.

20200108_161215.jpg 20200108_161254.jpg 20200108_161314.jpg
I have not yet tried setting the timer leaving my mug there. :) baby steps lol

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
We have two air fryers, and use them often. And we use the refillable k-cups, but mainly because it is much less expensive than buying the prefilled plastic ones. Wait, I don't drink coffee!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
We have two air fryers, and use them often. And we use the refillable k-cups, but mainly because it is much less expensive than buying the prefilled plastic ones. Wait, I don't drink coffee!
Oh! I simply cannot, cannot get by without it a few times a day!