• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Preferred Floor Perches

citronlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Does anyone have java wood trees for floor perches, or do you prefer making your own out of PVC? Looking to make my birds a new perch this summer and want some ideas as to what people prefer or what their experiences were :)

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I've been searching for the perfect Java tree myself.

Jobot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jo
I've been looking for safe branches to make a perch, but may just settle for pvc. It's a pain to find what I'm looking for.

citronlover

Avenue Veteran
I've been looking for safe branches to make a perch, but may just settle for pvc. It's a pain to find what I'm looking for.
I've been experiencing the same thing! It is difficult to find affordable perches that are made out of safe wood. This is why I'm thinking about making a floor perch out of PVC rather than buying a $600 tree...

Reggie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
$600 for a bird-safe perch??? :sour::wtf:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
There are lots of nice java and manzanita play gyms that are much less than $600.
For example: Java Tree Stands - Mybirdstore.com
Here are some java tabletop stands that are currently 30% off. Tabletop Java Trees - Free Shipping Mybirdstore.com
The photo is the actual stands that you would get.
As for manzanita, you could check out Manzanita Habitats. Manzanita Habitats Parrot Stands | eBay Stores I've never purchased from them. Some have had good experiences with them and some have had some issues that were generally resolved.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
There are lots of nice java and manzanita play gyms that are much less than $600.
Here are some java tabletop stands that are currently 30% off. Tabletop Java Trees - Free Shipping Mybirdstore.com
As for manzanita, you could check out Manzanita Habitats. Manzanita Habitats Parrot Stands | eBay Stores I've never purchased from them. Some have had good experiences with them and some have had some issues that were generally resolved.
Those are great prices, but the shipping to Canada would probably be very expensive.

citronlover

Avenue Veteran
Thank you! I will definitely be taking a look!

Reggie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Reggie
Those java trees look amazing! I can't wait till I get paid again!

Apirog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amber
HI Guys- if you guys find any good thanksgiving/black friday deals on tree stands please post them on here. I am looking for one too but i am on a budget! Thanks!