• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Preen Me Please!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Angel is so lucky to have a parront that understand what he wants. ♥
Thanks! I've been told I'm very trainable! Lol!!!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
All my birds have show me where to preen them with their foot.
I guess it's all about if you are interested to listen to them or not.
Eliy also rubs her head against my fingers if I couldn't find the place.

If you don't understand that their foot is showing where they wanted to be preened they will give up showing you.
You can communicate pretty well with them if you just try to realize that everything they do (say)has a purpose .
EXACTLY! They don't beat around the bush!

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Most of the species I've had enjoy it. The amazons slightly less so, but they still like to be preened. The macaw and cockatoos will hold still for preening for quite a while.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
@melissasparrots When we met our new Too last week, he held still for preening even though we had just met...I have a feeling there will be SO much preening in our future!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Other birds do but you have to be their trusted one, or a close second if the chosen one isn't available.
Luv Bug often comes to me for pin feathers, but I'm nowhere near her favorite. :rolleyes: I'm just the only one who does it, I think, and we seem to have reached an understanding.

Sometimes I'm not paying attention to who's on me and start preening the wrong bird. :o: Thankfully Puffin is starting to enjoy being preened a little and doesn't bite as hard as she used to when I touch a tender one. :shy:

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Luv Bug often comes to me for pin feathers, but I'm nowhere near her favorite. :rolleyes: I'm just the only one who does it, I think, and we seem to have reached an understanding.

Sometimes I'm not paying attention to who's on me and start preening the wrong bird. :o: Thankfully Puffin is starting to enjoy being preened a little and doesn't bite as hard as she used to when I touch a tender one. :shy:
you're doing great! Naomi and Jixny will be next!