• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Posture?

Doggies mom

Moving in
Hi guys,

I wanted to ask what everyone think about his posture. I suspect that my 4 month old Quaker might be sick. He’s having watery poops. So I have cut down on apples and veggies a little. It has changed his poop a bit.

Now my concern is that I’m worried that a lot of online posts say that a sick bird will be fluffed and it’s tail feathers loose.

He is a Quaker and is molting. What do you guys honk? He is also breathing fine.

39237EAA-8E15-4100-BAB4-606F305A4B07.jpeg E75D7D61-D216-4FB1-9B21-76A8499FA4D5.jpeg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Molting can sometimes be stressful on a bird's system but if he is sitting fluffed and his activity level has decreased then a visit to the vet would be recommended.
Hope he will be OK. What does you gut tell you regarding your Quaker?

Doggies mom

Moving in
Molting can sometimes be stressful on a bird's system but if he is sitting fluffed and his activity level has decreased then a visit to the vet would be recommended.
Hope he will be OK. What does you gut tell you regarding your Quaker?
Hi,

His activity level is still pretty strong, and loves to fly, jump and quak! But his poop has not been the best. I had him taken to the vet 2 weeks ago and his full body exam was good. But, i'm not sure how often i should take him to the vet. I was thinking from someones experience that if it would be helpful to know whats happening. The only thing is that is that he runs away from water. but has watery poops.

everything is just so confusing.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Did the vet do any lab work....blood tests, cultures?

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Some veges and fruit can make very watery poop. It takes cheeky a few hours to firm up after apples, corn, and blueberries. She also sits fluffed up a lot in the morning especially, but she's just resting or dozing. That can be a sign of illness though so watch for any other symptoms or if she stays that way and isn't active or eats less.