• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your lovebirds name

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Heavily inspired by @Texas Tiel fan ´s thread, I wanted to start one for our lovebirds names!

Post your lovebirds names and why they have that name. ❤

I´ll get the ball rolling;

Sydney, Sex unknown, No reason, just a unisex name that suited the bright yellow plumage.
Jaime, Male, Pronounced the English way, because I liked the name, also unisex.
Aldora, Female, Greek meaning ¨winged gift¨, given this name one month after landing on my doorstep.
Lapis Lazuli, Female, Named after her beautiful colour.
Nube, Male, Spanish meaning ¨cloud¨, named after his beautiful cloud-like plumage.
Adélie, Female, Named after the small but feisty Adélie penguin to match her own personality.
I named all the birds (minus Aldora) before knowing their sex.

Last edited:

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
Violet, Sebastian, Feathers, Alice Grace, Pandora, Pascal, Kiya, Kiwi, Lime, and Lemonade.

JaclynBin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
Gem - I shortened the name of someone who used to work in the same department as me, but whom I’d never actually met. Ironically, I later found out her mom’s name is Opal.

Panda - he’s a black-masked. A friend mentioned he should be named « reverse - Panda » because the colouring is opposite in the bears, but oh well. :p

Pandalicious

Checking out the neighborhood
Peri - gender unknown, but I suspect he's a he. Don't know why, just a feeling I get. He was such an odd little guy when we first got him...well, still is really! :rolleyes: The first week particularly he would stretch up his neck as high as he could and spin his head around to look at everything. Like a periscope. Hence Peri for short. :smuggrin:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Heavily inspired by @Texas Tiel fan ´s thread, I wanted to start one for our lovebirds names!

Post your lovebirds names and why they have that name. ❤

I´ll get the ball rolling;

Sydney, Sex unknown, No reason, just a unisex name that suited the bright yellow plumage.
Jaime, Male, Pronounced the English way, because I liked the name, also unisex.
Aldora, Female, Greek meaning ¨winged gift¨, given this name one month after landing on my doorstep.
Lapis Lazuli, Female, Named after her beautiful colour.
Nube, Male, Spanish meaning ¨cloud¨, named after his beautiful cloud-like plumage.
Adélie, Female, Named after the small but feisty Adélie penguin to match her own personality.
I named all the birds (minus Aldora) before knowing their sex.
I always assumed Jaime the Spanish way! Hahah :hehe:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Aoife, blue black masked female. Pronounced E-fa. I love Welsh names but liked the Irish spelling better. It just hit me as a sassy name for her, and it suits her perfectly. Supposedly means "beauty."

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
When I was really young (maybe 5 yo?), I impulse bought a pair of Fischer's and named them Micky and Minnie after the Disney characters. No idea about their gender up to this day, just a childish assumption that buying 2 would magically result in opposite sexes....yeah, I was a kid.
Fast forward to around 2008-9 I got this fateful lovebird that I would tragically caused it to aspirate. I named it Angel. It was a creamino peachfaced, so I thought it was a female. Then a few weeks later after willing to try again, I got an ocean green white faced peachfaced (IDK the name of this mutation) and named it Cifer after the character Ulquiorra Cifer from Bleach. Ulquiorra’s eye color matched with the bird’s feathers.
Now my current one is a violet clear pied Fischer’s named Boon Rod. A Thai name which means that he or she is alive because they have a lot of good karma in them. Good karma in Thai is also known as boon. Rod means to survive.

Masquerade

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
Remy - male standard peach face, 5 years old. He was named after the character Remy LeBeau aka Gambit from the X-Men.

Sammy - male pied, 1 year old. He was named after both Sam Winchester from Supernatural and Sam Drake from Uncharted.

Podge

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Roger
Currently have a Blue masked named Sammy. gender unknown but I think it's a male even though I always call her a she.
In 1987 I got a Peach faced named Kermy that I had for 17 years
Sometime in the early 2000s ( Don't remember the years ) I rescued a Fischers that I named Piper, I had him for about 5 years. I also rescued a Peach Face that my vet told me about named Mango which I also had for a little over 5 years. I don't know how old the last two were when I rescued them.
Sammy is an absolute doll. Well, they all where in their own ways.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Not actually mine anymore but he was my first foster bird so I thought I'd add him as I still think of him often. The animal rescue here called and asked if I could take him as a foster because the stress of the rescue was too much for him. I say "him" but we actually don't know if he was a boy or a girl. So we named him "Casey" as a unisex name. He was a great little eater and so cute and feisty. He was adopted by a wonderful woman whose lovebird had passed away. She said that as soon as she saw Casey's picture she knew that he was meant to be her bird. And she said she loved the name "Casey" and was going to keep it. :)

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Kiwi: peach face, 15 months old, gender unknown but I suspect male.

His previous owner called him kitty-kitty! Could not wrap our tongue around that one so changed it to Kiwi. :wacky:

( which he now says as clear as a bell along with peek a boo when he thinks no one is listening! )

Would have liked Pickles but Kiwi is better as it sounds like his original name.:rflb:

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
Long time ago I had a hand raised peach face named Szasz, and a co-worker thought lovebirds needed to be in pairs so he bought me a colbalt blue I named Freud.

They were inseparable.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie--female lived to be 18 yrs. Named after Grace Kelly but was a little bit clumsy at times.

Bo- male 18 yrs and counting. Bo is short for rainbow because he is all the different colors being a Fischers.

SarahBear

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Sarah Noel
Pickles, 3 months old, sexy unknown I like to think of him as a boy because he would run into the side of the box head first and dig to keep going and the name fit at 2 weeks old when I got him. Now he looks more like a mango

Fiona, ago baby don’t know exact hatch date, her mommy stopped taking care of her and she is a scrawny and malnourished looking. Sex unknown I think of her as a girl just because. She’s very petite and has some issues. She’s blind in her left eye and her feathers aren’t growing in well. Her head is kinda small and she’s a little bald but she has a tight grip and loves her head rubbed and is as sweet as can be. She eats very well by dropper so I don’t know why mommy didn’t want her.

Attachments

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Peanut, because she's a nutty bean.
Honestly there was no deeper symbolism or meaning, 13 year-old me thought it was a cute name and I still think that 19 years later!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Olive... age: won’t let me tell! Female of the species! Very intelligent and can tell if your hiding anything! Is very possessive and can easily outwit male of the species!

Oh... sorry you mean fids! :rofl: