• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post Your Doggy Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I would love to see photos of everyones dogs! :D Care to share?

I only have one dog, my 12 year old Chihuahua named Chompie. I got him when I was 8 years old and I pretty much can't remember a time without him! :heart:

He had to go into quarantine for 7 months before we were allowed to bring him with us to Australia. I visited him ever fortnight (the quarantine station was a 2 hour drive away). I couldn't leave him behind in South Africa so that was really my only option.

I think it's the best thing I've ever done! :hug8: Australia wouldn't be the same without my partner in crime next to me.

Chompie suffers from Addison's Disease which makes him rather... plump. :p I love him all the same though! :D

Last edited:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Okay, you asked for it:dance4: Here is all 9 of my guys:) BTW, Chompie is adorable:)

Dickens

Winnie

Ribbon

Bill

Bill again:)

Thomas James

Sonic

Fooey

Chico

Ivy

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
Oh my goodness! Your post should have come with a cuteness overload warning!! :hehe:

Dickens looks so wise with his little tan "eyebrows"! Cute!

Winnie and Ribbon both look so regal! Do you show your dogs often?

You have a Cattledog! :heart: I used to walk them all the time at the Animal Welfare League. Unfortunately we have a lot of them in shelters over here because they are just too much dog for most people. If only people wouldn't impulse buy! :rolleyes:

My grandmother had a dog that looked just like Thomas James. I only remember him vaguely as I was really small. My grandmother adored Daschunds.

Sonic looks SO happy! Just look at that smile! :D

Ha ha, Fooey looks shocked in that photo! :hehe:

And Chico! :heart: :heart: :heart: Look at that little tongue poking out! Just like Chompie! :lol:

Awww, Ivy looks like a little lady. What a cutie!

All of your dogs are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Oh my goodness! Your post should have come with a cuteness overload warning!! :hehe:

You have a Cattledog! :heart: I used to walk them all the time at the Animal Welfare League. Unfortunately we have a lot of them in shelters over here because they are just too much dog for most people. If only people wouldn't impulse buy! :rolleyes:

Sonic looks SO happy! Just look at that smile! :D

And Chico! :heart: :heart: :heart: Look at that little tongue poking out! Just like Chompie! :lol:

All of your dogs are absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!
You're welcome, I am happy to:)

Yes, cattle dogs are a handful for a lot of people. I am a professional trainer so was I was prepared:) He does have fear issues that are pretty bad but we worked on it for years and continue to work on it and with slow, consistent work and no pressure he is SO much better. I gave up wanting to compete with him years ago and just needed him to learn to live in his skin, which he can now do. He will be 6 years old next month.

Sonic is super happy. He is a GREAT boy. He does a reading program with kids and is working in k9 nosework now too which he loves. I hope to continue with him and possibly compete with him in nosework.

Yup, Chico only has 3 teeth:)

Yes, I show, but Ribbon is a finished champion and Winnie we spayed due to her family's health history so she didn't finish but she is a field champion and has her companion dog title in obedience. Ribbon also has her RN Rally Novice title. Right now, I am only showing Dickens and a few dogs for other people.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
You're welcome, I am happy to:)

Yes, cattle dogs are a handful for a lot of people. I am a professional trainer so was I was prepared:) He does have fear issues that are pretty bad but we worked on it for years and continue to work on it and with slow, consistent work and no pressure he is SO much better. I gave up wanting to compete with him years ago and just needed him to learn to live in his skin, which he can now do. He will be 6 years old next month.

Sonic is super happy. He is a GREAT boy. He does a reading program with kids and is working in k9 nosework now too which he loves. I hope to continue with him and possibly compete with him in nosework.

Yup, Chico only has 3 teeth:)

Yes, I show, but Ribbon is a finished champion and Winnie we spayed due to her family's health history so she didn't finish but she is a field champion and has her companion dog title in obedience. Ribbon also has her RN Rally Novice title. Right now, I am only showing Dickens and a few dogs for other people.
Oh I can definitely see that you know what you are doing with dogs! :) Bill is a lucky dog to have an owner that understands him!

I'm slightly scared of Pomeranians (that's what Sonic is, right?) because one attacked me when I was little. Not badly, it just got a few nice chomps in. It is quite funny really, because I generally have no problem with bigger dogs! But give me a Pom and I just don't know what to do. :o:

Chompie is missing some teeth too. The vet we went to in South Africa never mentioned to us that dogs needed dental care. So when we got to Australia poor Chompie had to have some teeth pulled!

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
magni as a puppy and older
Is Magni a Golden Retriever!?

I adore them! They are such gentle dogs. We had a family Golden Retriever named Crunchie while I was growing up. She would constantly try to "rescue" us from the swimming pool. She was always around us making sure we didn't get into trouble or hurt. :)

Magni is so beautiful! :heart:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Lindy, she turned 8 back in February (and yes I had just brushed away her winter fur in this pic, lol

Lindy is a Aussie blue heeler (cattle dog) and Rottweiler mix, we had both parents, and the parents were AKC.

Smiling up into the camera:heart:

And I cant help posting a pic of Bokka checking out the mass of fur:hehe:

We have a wolf/malamute mix, which I dont really care for. He is a beautiful wolfdog, but he is very aggressive and doesnt make a good "pet" at all. He is 150pounds of pure muscle, and scary...lol

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Is Magni a Golden Retriever!?

I adore them! They are such gentle dogs. We had a family Golden Retriever named Crunchie while I was growing up. She would constantly try to "rescue" us from the swimming pool. She was always around us making sure we didn't get into trouble or hurt. :)

Magni is so beautiful! :heart:

yes he is a golden, he is my buddy:heart: We hike together, he is in fly ball now and agility:) A ball is glued to his mouth :hehe: loves to play catch:hehe:

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
They are all so beautiful:hug8:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Everyone has such beautiful dogs!

Matt

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
Toddykins "assuming the position" for a belly rub...

And him with "Crazy Wild Billy" begging for some parrot bread......

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Oh I can definitely see that you know what you are doing with dogs! :) Bill is a lucky dog to have an owner that understands him!

I'm slightly scared of Pomeranians (that's what Sonic is, right?) because one attacked me when I was little. Not badly, it just got a few nice chomps in. It is quite funny really, because I generally have no problem with bigger dogs! But give me a Pom and I just don't know what to do. :o:

Chompie is missing some teeth too. The vet we went to in South Africa never mentioned to us that dogs needed dental care. So when we got to Australia poor Chompie had to have some teeth pulled!
You would love Sonic! He is very outgoing and friendly and extremely social:) I worked very hard when he was a puppy to have him out and about meeting lots of people, attending multiple puppy classes that I teach etc. Fooey my Peke is very outgoing with people too which is great since a lot of people are leery of Pekes:)

Justina

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Justina
OMG I loooovee puppy pictures!!
Best thread everrrr

Vicki! I am in love with Dickens! I have such a soft spot for spaniels. When I was growing up we had 3 black and tan cocker spaniels. Everyone knew us by our dogs.

Okay so here are my monsters!
This is Joules. She was a stray that someone had picked up and was keeping in their barn. She honestly looked like a beagle when she was a pup. She was an INSANE puppy. My boyfriend named her joules as in energy, when she was a puppy we called her kilojoules...I'm sure some geeks somewhere are giggling.

joules.jpg

joules2.jpg

Now that she is older it is very apparent that she has some type of herder in her. We've learned to work with it. But she still has so much energy! You think you've tired her out but all she has to do is rest for a few, and shes back at it again!

Here is Bear, I got him from a rescue in October. He was so tiny then. He's pretty much the biggest dofus you will ever meet. He licks everything.

bear.jpg
bear2.jpg

I love my puppies!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
OMG I loooovee puppy pictures!!
Best thread everrrr

Vicki! I am in love with Dickens! I have such a soft spot for spaniels. When I was growing up we had 3 black and tan cocker spaniels. Everyone knew us by our dogs.

Okay so here are my monsters!
This is Joules. She was a stray that someone had picked up and was keeping in their barn. She honestly looked like a beagle when she was a pup. She was an INSANE puppy. My boyfriend named her joules as in energy, when she was a puppy we called her kilojoules...I'm sure some geeks somewhere are giggling.

View attachment 30370

View attachment 30371

Now that she is older it is very apparent that she has some type of herder in her. We've learned to work with it. But she still has so much energy! You think you've tired her out but all she has to do is rest for a few, and shes back at it again!

Here is Bear, I got him from a rescue in October. He was so tiny then. He's pretty much the biggest dofus you will ever meet. He licks everything.

View attachment 30372
View attachment 30373

I love my puppies!

I love seeing everyone's dogs too. I think you would love Dickens, he is a character:)

I LOVE Joules! Definitely looks like she has some cattle dog and maybe some shepherd in her. Sooooo, cute. Yes, you have to love those high energy cattle kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.