• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_9038.JPG Wow. I feel like a minimalist. Lol. I just assembled the soon to be new additions cage this past weekend (ignore the mess on the floor...this was right after putting it together so I cleaned after). I downsized cage size after Jasper passed away. Layla literally is only in her cage to sleep. The cages are in our master bedroom and the tree stands are in the living room. Awesome setups everyone!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Love your tree stands and matching cages! My husband would freak at the cage placement, right about the vent, blowing dust around :rolleyes: but he has allergies...

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
Love your tree stands and matching cages! My husband would freak at the cage placement, right about the vent, blowing dust around :rolleyes: but he has allergies...
Funny you say that. I actually have two clear office mats that go under the cages and the stands that covers the vent and protects the hardwood. I literally assembled the new cage and snapped a pic for my husband because I actually assembled it on my own and I'm totally a girlie girl who's never used a drill. I was so proud. Lol.

Rebeccasevere

Moving in
Wow I have a lot of work to do to make my house more fun for kinski! But here is what we have so far. I'm in the middle IMG_4197.JPG of making my own play area with metal shelving and java branches, just waiting for more supplies to come in the mail. She LOVES hiding in and then completely shredding paper grocery bags and I've been making foraging toys out of butcher paper, twine and paper towel rolls. She is a cheap date Thanks for all the wonderful ideas!

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I'm preparing to do some major re-arranging in my tiels' cage, and this thread has helped me so much with coming up with new ideas!

That reminded me I haven't posted updated pics

Where did you get those lovely natural platform perches (especially that little round one)? They both look super comfy and super fun to chew! Haha. I've been trying to find a good platform perch.

I also totally plan on stealing your hanging branch idea in my new apartment. :hehe:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I'm fairly certain most if not all are from Things for Wings. Rupert loves his little circular one, too.

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
I'm fairly certain most if not all are from Things for Wings. Rupert loves his little circular one, too.
Yes, they are! Phoenix loves the little round one on the door, he sits there and watches me vacuum under the cage :laugh:

aashna

Strolling the yard
Real Name
aashna
Hi dear.
I can't see the pics :(

I snapped some pics of the bird room this evening after the daytime clean-up before bed-time.
Kady & Kita only use their cages for sleep.

Around the bird room...

The pics of Kita and Kady are from a month or so ago.

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
Yes, they are! Phoenix loves the little round one on the door, he sits there and watches me vacuum under the cage :laugh:
Jaguar, where did u get the branch perches? I also saw in an older post, a playstand made with what looked like natural branches. And if you made them could you tell me how you treated the branches I just love them. Thank you

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Jaguar, where did u get the branch perches? I also saw in an older post, a playstand made with what looked like natural branches. And if you made them could you tell me how you treated the branches I just love them. Thank you
They are all from my neighbor's trees! The big one is basswood and the small ones on my table are apple and maple. I didn't do much to treat them other than give them a good scrub and rinse with the hose outside :) I have a few perches from T4W as well, but most of them are homemade.

Sand

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sand
Where can i get a cozy hut type of thing, with no fuzzy stuff, like just covered in smooth fabric?
I thought my two 30 inch finch flight cages were big (LOL), I just set up the one on the right, it dwarfs my "flight cage", it's way taller than I am.
IMG_20170803_173401.jpg

Last edited:

Bill Wright

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Bill Wright
Not much to work with here on the Mountain........Teak and Guava.......Thanks to all.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I think it's beautiful! Add some toys and it's a great setup! :)