• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

hoot

Meeting neighbors
Leave the door open and you just sit near by..your bird will come out when they feel comfortable and trusting..might came out one day and ran to me.. now he does this or he will go on a little walk before climbing up my leg..
Thank you, I have been. Mojo (green) is the braver one and will come sit in the doorway like it's a perch when it is open. He has yet to actually come out, though. I think I need to buy another perch or a rope that can sit by the door and give him a more comfortable way out and up to the top. I'm going on a road trip over Thanksgiving so that will have to wait as I'm trying to save and have already spent a ton on toys and perches. For now I'll keep leaving it open. They don't get a ton of time with it open since doing so requires the dog to be crated (and I feel bad putting him away when he's already in there for hours while I'm at work.)

Reiker#7

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Reiker
Great bird rooms/cages everybirdy! I'm envious to those of you who hv bird rooms! Cant wait to hv one myself!

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Very nice set up. I was looking at my cages and i really need to do a update on toys etc.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:fairy: Good old thread

XstatyK

Walking the driveway
This is my setup for my Tiel Chappie, the door will be open for him to go in and out when we're here, but I put him in if we have to leave or at night just to make sure he doesn't eat something or chew on wires or poop on my TV.

Attachments

scoobdoo63

Jogging around the block
Real Name
laurie
I leave stormy s door open all day if I'm home to. He is 90% of the time with me though. When he is ready to go to his cage at night he chirps over and over

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yea. Pretty fabulous. Lots of Daylight. :)

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
Was gonna say I found them but some one beat me to it lol!.. your home is lovely! My birds just love making a mess.. they actually get mad when I clean... i get a Stern squawk from my birds.. and a double effort to mess it up:lol::lol::lol:

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
Wow just love it. Does not get any better such a perfect view outside and oh so little to keep them busy, lol Beautifully done.

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mine are out the whole day too with window space :) o much easier cleanup too. It is funny that they kind of have their favorite places to poop from :)

MickeyD

Meeting neighbors
How in the world do you control where your bird/birds poop when their out all day? Our GCC in out for an hour and all his pooping drives me crazy.

raebaby

Moving in
Real Name
Rae
One GCC
Minus one canary cage
Plus one cockatoo cage
Equals one very happy GCC

We just upgraded today and Hei Hei cannot get enough of his play top and wiggle room. He thinks I bought him a mansion! I'm so satisfied with this purchase.

Attachments

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
One GCC
Minus one canary cage
Plus one cockatoo cage
Equals one very happy GCC

We just upgraded today and Hei Hei cannot get enough of his play top and wiggle room. He thinks I bought him a mansion! I'm so satisfied with this purchase.
I have that cage as a sleeping cage for my conures too. It is a great cage but I find wider instead of higher cages better since toy placement and perch placement is so much easier. But the cage you bought is just the right size for a conure and should not be smaller, imagine a cockatoo would have to be in there.

raebaby

Moving in
Real Name
Rae
I have that cage as a sleeping cage for my conures too. It is a great cage but I find wider instead of higher cages better since toy placement and perch placement is so much easier. But the cage you bought is just the right size for a conure and should not be smaller, imagine a cockatoo would have to be in there.
I've done a lot of research (yes, I know I should have BEFORE hand) and I'm glad I upgraded. I'm subscribed to a YouTube channel, 'Manda & Rio', and she talks about the different sizes of cages and highly recommended this one for conures. I'm glad you think it's acceptable too. I can't tell you how happy Hei Hei is.

galah!

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pia
Wow!!! you guys are seriously dedicated to your birds... lucky little buggers;) my galah will be in our court, is that good or bad? it is open so will have plenty of fresh air but other galahs are probs gonna swarm like bees around my home:lol:

loveyourparrot

Meeting neighbors
Here are a few of my set-ups. I LOVE them all!

Attachments