• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Im in a one bedroom small flat at the moment and your set up is exactly how I want my future bird set up to be like this is my dream. How did you get started like this ?
Hi Emma, I actually rarely get on the forum anymore. The setup you see pictured was from the home I lived in back in 2009, so seven years ago from this point. At that time I had (I think) something like ten parrots living with me, with the all time high number of fifteen. I now have a small room set up for my (now) five parrots. My beloved cockatoo passed in February.

To answer the question as best as I can remember, at that point I had been keeping birds for six years and the room was in the lower floor of the home. It was just cages I already had, as well as the endless supply of toys that any good parrot owner amasses over time. The ceiling was tiled, similar to what you see in schools and office buildings, and as such I could lift each tile and use metal hanging pieces like what you can find at Lowe's (typically teachers use them to hang things in classrooms) to hang the toys. The hooks are similar to these:

BAUMGARTENS Suspended Ceiling Hook (Set of 3) (Set of 2) - Walmart.com

I hope that helps.

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela

Gotta ask.......do you have carpet in the birds room?? So, what new babies are you getting? Love the set up!!

Beaunirita, this post was from 2009. At the time, I did have carpet in the bird room, and the new birds were a black headed caique and a Hahn's macaw.

babyblue35

Moving in
Real Name
Nikki
Pictures of my bird room, there have been a few changes (added a desk for me, etc) but I am too lazy to go take some more, plus the room will change again in a few weeks when the new babies get here.

This room is GORGEOUS!!! I'm so envious! I want a room just like this! Trying to convince my husband to expand our current laundry room so we can change it over to a bird room. He LOVES the idea because then all of Blu's stuff will be out of his sight and that's a really, really good thing LOL! Beautiful! Lucky babies you have :heart:

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I love your room so nice and looks like the birds can have so much fun. I understand on the changing of the room. Mine undergoes at least once a year a total transformation. There is always a better way to do things or just to make it more fun for them. Us bird people are never satisfied. I am sure the birds are happy but we have make changes all the time.lol

Percy&Ivan

Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
very nice!

Batmans is changing almost daily but here is how it is tonight about 2 mintues ago LOL

and a close up

What kind of bird is Batman?

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
Oh wow, everyone has such lovely set-ups!

Poor Lawrence, his is still pretty basic-- it's really hard to find good quality toys around here, or ones that don't cost a bomb, but I recently found a good Aussie site with one of the widest ranges I've seen, so soon his cage will be a lot nicer! :D

20160522_132935.jpg

20160522_133024.jpg

Mrs Evey

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda Evey
Pumpkin just moved into his new flight cage today! The first pic is his old cage but as a clumsy baby cockatiel (he's almost 4 months old)," and he had broken all but two of his tail feathers by falling when moving around in the smaller cage. I got lots of great advice in Cockatiel Corner and I'm certain getting Pumpkin the flight cage was the right thing to do. My question is, do I have too many toys cluttering up his cage?? My daughter thinks it's unsafe but I think he needs the stimulation, especially since I'm having to spend some time away from home every day caring for my aging parents. Any advice or suggestions!?!?!? image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Jaguar

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
Looks awesome! It's a bit cluttered, I try to leave my guys some open space so they can swing those long tails around and stretch those big wings without bumping into stuff. I'd remove a few things... maybe one of the boings and a perch or two near the top. You can always put them on the outside so he has a place to sit when he's out :)

Mrs Evey

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda Evey
Looks awesome! It's a bit cluttered, I try to leave my guys some open space so they can swing those long tails around and stretch those big wings without bumping into stuff. I'd remove a few things... maybe one of the boings and a perch or two near the top. You can always put them on the outside so he has a place to sit when he's out :)
Thanks, Jaguar! I had already taken the larger boing out and I'll be moving some of the higher perches around in the next day or so, and take out one of the dowel perches as he prefers the natural wooden branch type perches (I only used two of the four that came with the cage). I only used one of the ladders that came with the cage and put it on the side for easier climbing but he seems to have adapted to climbing the vertical bars vs the horizontal bars of his old cage fairly quickly. On an amusing note, the higher vantage point of the cage allows him to see the TV and I've caught him watching it a couple of times!

Last edited:

Colbon2

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nikki
Looks great!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
What cage is that??

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
hh if only pikachu and pepper were both males
they could have shared a cage

That one looks really good though! Maybe in the future.

Rolanda

@saroj12
You have beautiful set ups, both inside and out.