1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your amazon beak photos here........

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by Clueless, 7/22/18.

1. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Somebody (birdie) looks to be in a sour mood

2. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Andrea
    Rain Bow likes this.
  3. Darklotus555

Darklotus555 Walking the driveway

4. redindiaink

redindiaink Strolling the yard

I wanted to share this before, but I wasn't entirely comfortable doing it because I didn't know what his current health was like and didn't want to mislead anyone. So, it's really late, but this is Bug and his really flaky beak. He's been at the vets this week and had blood work and lot of imaging scans. The vets have both said his results are so good they weren't sure they were accurate. He's in really good health and since his last xray his bone density has improved. The one vet thinks he needs a beak trim fwiw.

[​IMG]

5. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

What a cutie!

redindiaink likes this.
  6. redindiaink

@Clueless If he'd let me I'd squeeze the ever luvin' stuffin' out of him. He's a sweetheart.

Clueless likes this.
  7. Clueless

Maybe that is why Amazon's are fiery? To protect themselves!

:hehe:

Lwalker, Peachfaced and Rain Bow like this.
  8. Rain Bow

Rain Bow Walking the driveway

Rain
    @redindiaink & all
    Bug's another little amazon who looks like a little green love bug. Thats what I call my buddy w/ his morning puffy head welcome. I'm glad your green love bug is well!

His (Buddy's) beak was sort of flaky in the pics here on pg 2. I asked the vet if it was ok & she just filed it a bit @ his yearly. Prob. because his bloodwk was so good last summer.

Does anyone's vet do bloodwk yearly? Or is this just a thing thats normally done w/ ppl & dogs/cats? I found it odd but as an afterthought this posting just made me think about it again.

:grouphug2: Rain

9. Rain Bow

Rain
    Is fiery then a new word for cranky? ;)

:bighug: Rain

Clueless likes this.
  10. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Annual bloodwork is pretty standard for birds. If mine have had a few good years in a row, then I might switch to every few years.

11. Rain Bow

Rain
    I will call & ask then. I wonder if it was an oversight. Thanks for getting back to me so quick!

:mykid: Rain

12. Clueless

Mine doesn't do it yearly.
    Hmmmm red hot temper?

Rain Bow likes this.
  13. redindiaink

I know some people recommended it, but after my first bird bled to death from routine blood work I've changed my mind, and will only have it done if they're sick.

Oh no! I can hug him and flip him on his back and tickle his belly. He is a very laid back bird and so unlike the other Amazons I've met. I'm not even sure he knows he's a bird.

Clueless and Rain Bow like this.
  14. Rain Bow

Rain
    I say my Buddy even tho I was not the 1st choice as the Choosen 1. The Choosen 1 was supposed to be my daughter if Buddy had his way but, he likes to eat & I'm the food machine so its me because he lives w/ me. The minute my kiddo stops by to make sure that her parents are alive for those 20 minutes a few times a week, I go from Buddys favorite sunflower seed, to his hated... Millet. She leaves & I become sunflower seed again. My poor hubby.... He does everything to make Buddy love him including protect him from everything that... (could theoretically harm him) short of giving him homemade birdy bumpers. :rofl:

I say my poor hubby because, you know all those toys that your bird decimates? That would be my hubby! :dead:

Although Buddy's gotten better where blood draws are no longer happening regularly he still nails his fingers & makes sure it will hurt. He also will ask for a scritch & then chomp after a minute or 2 on purpose.

I'll take 2nd banana to that!:dance4:,

He's usually a love w/ me, but I totally respect my flying can openers mouth. I've felt an accidental chomp, I'd probably reconsidered him if I went through what my hubby does. Buddy's testing my hubby's patience, at least thats what I tell the hubby. :lol:

:hug8: Rain

Clueless likes this.
  15. Clueless

You gotta love them!

Rain Bow likes this.
  16. Rain Bow

Rain

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)