• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your amazon beak photos here........

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
For @Shell79

I don't know what normal is, but here are some of mine....

MC. He is posing with a toy from Sarah @Macawnutz obviously he likes the thin pieces.

20180722_211359.jpg

Secret. This is an older photo.

20180722_211233.jpg

Attachments

Doctress

Strolling the yard
F542AF9D-3A9B-4A9C-AFBE-0DF767C05D90.jpeg Taco sporting his favorite fashion accessory. Often worn as a hat or boutonnière

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My most recent photo of Henry... AKA... the green chicken. I had put a new perch in place of his old one in front of his food and water bowl. He didn't eat any of his nuggets for THREE days. I saw him drink one time but he was hanging on the bars so he would touch the perch and drank his water upside down.
I took the new perch out and put the old one back. For three nights I stood and held his cooked food for him to eat and that's what made me put the old perch back. I did set it near his cage for him to study for a few weeks and just today I put the new perch on the outside of his door in place of another old perch. You know... that green sissy sat inside his cage allllllll afternoon just to avoid that perch. Yep... put the old one back. I'll get him used to it one day.

P1010138.jpg

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well I just tried to take a decent pic. The ones of gremlin were semi decent because he was more distracted by the sight of Sprout than the phone. I got a couple of Diva, but they are almost clear at best.

Attachments

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Thanks everyone maybe it's just a bad flake looking at the other pics nearly all of them have some flaking
Can you post a picture of yours Shelly?

I was told to watch if the tip seems skinny because if the beak breaks off, it can bleed.

You can also call your vet for advice too.

Hopefully others will chime in with pictures and thoughts, too.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Shelly, he/she is adorable!!! Parrot's name? How long have you been an amazon owner?

The second picture looks like my guys, just the regular flaky beak. Is it worse on the other side?

Shell79

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle Mylroie
Hi he is 16 years old called Alfie the other side is about the same just he has never had a flake so bad I was worried but he seems fine in his self