• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post Gallbladder Removal Diet and Lifestyle

BirdMum

Strolling the yard
Hey guys! I've mentioned in passing before I was about to have surgery and I did have it last Tuesday.

I'm only 20 but unfortunately I had to have my gallbladder removed due to gallstones that run through my family on my father's side. Several other family members had their gallbladders removed too so while it is rare to have them this young, it was due to genetics rather than lifestyle which I'm thankful for.

My issue is that there are literally no resources I can find online in regards to meal plans or food lists for post surgical life? Every site seems to have the same copy-pasted list of fatty foods to avoid but I want actual meal plans or food ideas because I'm at a loss and it's only been a few days :/

I can't search if I can have a replacement or if I can have a specific ingredient or anything and it's really upsetting. I know it's random to post here but I can't even find any sort of forum or site for help.

If anyone here has had a cholecystectomy or known someone who has I would love some help and advice in terms of diet :heart::heart::heart:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
My mom had her gallbladder removed about 10 years ago. Unfortunately, she has some issues with heartburn and digestion now:(

I always recommend Dr Berg on YouTube but she for some reason likes popping Tums instead of listening. It breaks my heart because that's the worst thing she can do. Anyway, here are some of his videos about post gallbladder. I just did a quick search but he probably has more

BirdMum

Strolling the yard
Aww thank you so much :heart:

I'm sorry about your mother's experience, I hope she starts looking for better treatment. I'm praying that since I've had it when I'm young I'll be able to heal and adapt a little better. Healing becomes generally harder and slower the older you get too but I hope she can find a diet and lifestyle that works for her and is beneficial

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Aww thank you so much :heart:

I'm sorry about your mother's experience, I hope she starts looking for better treatment. I'm praying that since I've had it when I'm young I'll be able to heal and adapt a little better. Healing becomes generally harder and slower the older you get too but I hope she can find a diet and lifestyle that works for her and is beneficial
Thank you! I hope that you'll heal well too!I!! have not watched those videos I posted earlier for years now so I can't remember if he mentions it but bile salts are supposed to really help digest fats. Best of luck! I hope you'll get more responses here soon too

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I had mine out about 18 years ago and I don't have any problems with eating. I don't know if I just got really lucky or what. I would just give it a try and see if anything bothers you or not. If you find a food that seems to bother you then steer clear of it. You may find that nothing bothers you!:) Good luck!