• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possibly found my new baby! (hopefully...)

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
"I think you're going to be very pleased being owned by a teil..."
I love that :laugh: I don't even have him yet and I can already tell that it's true. 7am? "Give me food!!! I said NO SLEEPING!"

It will be annoying at times for sure but in the end every moment of it will be worth it. You don't own birds, birds own you.

To the next 20 years!

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
@PrettyandAlex he will for sure be fully weaned when he's sent home. Parrot stars does not force wean and they will not sell babies until they're fully independent. They also have them eating many different types of foods, so he will already be accustomed to eating vegetables.

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
If anyone is thinking about buying a bird soon, I highly recommend Parrot Stars. They have been my favorite breeder yet. Alexis, the general manager, does an outstanding job and she has answered my myriad of questions complete and in detail with great response time. You can tell that she loves what she does and she knows her stuff well. As breeders they take excellent care of their babies. I have no doubts about their abilities in raising happy and healthy birds.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Still say boy but sometimes they don;t wean til close to 12 weeks so it could be toward end of Dec & you don;t want to have a problem feeding during xmas new years as its hard to get help then... Can't wait but has the look of a boy!

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
@camelotshadow we're planning on him coming home on the 15th. He's eating on his own already :) I think it's a boy too, especially because of the yellow in the crest.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I know you said you'd be sad to toss out the eggs, but if you've got a single Tiel girl, her eggs would be unfertilized/blanks. I have to toss Sherbie's, but she is happy to dote on her dummy eggs.

That little bird is so cute, I'd keep them regardless of the gender.

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
@Peachfaced I've definitely considered it (only with this specific bird). It would be hard to say no to it, especially since I have a lot of confidence in the place I'm getting him/her from.

Regardless of whether it's male or female I'm glad I had the DNA test done. It's nice being 100% sure. The breeder only charged for the DNA itself ($25), no extra fees which was really nice. Some breeders charge up to $50 for DNA tests even though they only do one sample...

3-4 more days then we'll find out!

PrettyandAlex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ilya
My USA vet would touch their genital area and examine and concluded if it waa male or female. I wanted be sure Prettie was female and local pet store I got her at said she was female and doctor also said it was a she. If you are in Houston TX I would really recommend Southeast Animal Clinic, very friendly and kind doctor he loves animals very experienced and get along with Prettie's worst days which she bit him over 6 times.

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Such a cute cockatiel, congratulations (hopefully) :)

PrettyandAlex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ilya
I always wanted to rescue sick tiels at the store where I got my baby boy Alex at they said anybody can adopt them if they buy a 10 dollar bag of seeds, if my family and I had enough money I would adopt all of them and take to vet get them right treatment so they wouldn't suffer and get another chance at a better life. These creatures deserve all the love we can give them, my birds stopped my depression and I stopped doing stupid things around them.

oenomal

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Sean M
USPS is unable to get the DNA sample to the lab in time so I won't find out the results until Monday or Tuesday now :sad1:

PrettyandAlex

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ilya
That sucks, but really get it either way if it's female or male. I got a female and male living with 2 baby budgies and a rosy faced love bird. My issue is only the tiels are from US and the rest I can't take back when I get Iranian military service exemption and it takes lots of time or my family has to bribe the vetenery officer. Get it either way birds especially tiels are very lovable birds and they give you all the love.

MaxieTheBirdie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kevin Dolby