• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Possible Aspiration - Conure

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Probably my anxiety. I have severe general anxiety which triggers panic disorder. Shes eating a pizza crust right now.. I’m glad the medicine will help IF she did. She still has 2 weeks left.
Ahhh I’m sorry for being annoying , worried parront :(
You're not annoying. I'm speaking from experience on anxiety making symptoms appear worse. It is good to be vigilant but she sounds like she's doing fine.

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
P.S. Does it make you feel better if I tell you I've had birds do the choking/snorting thing dozens of times (out of hundreds of med administrations) and never once has it caused any harm?

Mutated Beauty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashleigh
P.S. Does it make you feel better if I tell you I've had birds do the choking/snorting thing dozens of times (out of hundreds of med administrations) and never once has it caused any harm?
Definitely. Shes due for an antibiotic at 11:30pm.
I just have that image of her choking engraved into my mind ㅠㅠ

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She might. Sometimes they do it on purpose when it tastes gross. But even if she does it every time, you're not hurting her. It's just icky.

Mutated Beauty

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashleigh
Thank you for all the help.
It’s been almost 12 hours since the incident and she doesn’t seem to be in distress.
I definitely got lucky with this one.
Going to be way more careful from now on.
Again; thank you so much.
If anyone has any further opinions, feel free to comment.
However, I’m pretty sure she’s alright and just choked, nothing in her lungs!
30 mins until her next dose. She’s sleeping right now and breathing perfectly fine ㅠㅠ <3