• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Poor Jackson had an eye episode last night

Sofro

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Matilda
I hope he gets better soon!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Whew. Finally it feels he’s going to make it. He was so ill all morning long, no food no nothing. Gave him oxygen for half an hour. Baytril dose went down well. Still no signs of interest in food. Just puffed up and eyes closed. He ate a tiny bit of seed I was chicken scratching for him so I could give metacam with food. The dose squirted out but he got a teeny droplet. That turned him around. He’s preening now and ate some seed. When he goes in for a nap I’ll take his poop for a gram stain. I’m so relieved he’s not going to die today.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that Jackson has been feeling ill. It's good that he is eating and preening now. Make sure that he is drinking, too. Hope that he will be a lot better soon. Did the vet recommend anything other than Baytril & Metacam? Are you planning on bringing him to the vet or just bringing in the gram stain?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So sorry that Jackson has been feeling ill. It's good that he is eating and preening now. Make sure that he is drinking, too. Hope that he will be a lot better soon. Did the vet recommend anything other than Baytril & Metacam? Are you planning on bringing him to the vet or just bringing in the gram stain?
i just took in the gram stain. he had two big sips of water when i held his dish out for him. Don't know what we can do for him at the vet.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
i just took in the gram stain. he had two big sips of water when i held his dish out for him. Don't know what we can do for him at the vet.
Hope that nothing is found on the gram stain and good that he is drinking water.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Arranged a consult between my vet and Dr. Rhoda Stevenson avian vet at Jacksonville. @iamwhoiam dropped off the prepaid instant pot at ups. Fedex dropped off guess what: a sunjoe pressure washer. I ran after the truck but he didn't see me (the driver). My OH stepped out and the truck was returning the other way so he ran after it. Truck stopped and the fedex guy was able to modify his scan records to refused to accept and took it back!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Will he eat any scrambled eggs, oatmeal? When my babies aren't well, they will accept warm soft food...maybe some baby bird formula?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Will he eat any scrambled eggs, oatmeal? When my babies aren't well, they will accept warm soft food...maybe some baby bird formula?
he used to eat from a syringe but not anymore. I'll make him some egg tonight! thanks for the idea!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
♥♥♥
I’m so relieved he’s not going to die today.
And so am I. :hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4::hug4:
I sending him a lot of healing thoughts. And try to get some rest Saroj if you havn't already.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thanks Terry and Anette. Vet wants to see him on monday. Hopefully he'll be well enough to endure the stress of travel and handling.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Aww poor baby! And the video is soooo cute! He speaks so well! I'm glad he is doing a little better.

When I was giving Itsy meds by syringe, I would always suck a bit of cool tap water after she was done, partly to get the rest that sticks in the syringe, and partly to end off on mostly water so it's not so bad, which also helps wash the meds down/rinse the beak.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
If your not sure he can make the trip keep him there till he improves I'd say but you know him better then we do. The last time Nerd got really sick the vet would not do any tests or X rays becuase he was too weak to risk it and they gave him Oxeygen and some meds as a guess.

fidsmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Poor Jackson,hope he is able to get meds and he gets well.Have you tried spoon feeding him? Since he won't take a syringe.?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cute little voice!:heart: I hope he continues to improve. It’s so scary when our feathered friends are not feeling well.
:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Awww Jackson, keep eating and drinking :heart:
So scary when they're sick.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Thanks all. Tonight after a drop of metacam he is focusing on the heart of a romaine lettuce. And some seed. I’m just happy he’s feeling like eating so I’m checking up on him covertly, his cage is covered on the sides and I sneak a peek in.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
He didn’t want spoon feeding. He can barely see so he reached over to bite me and bit the spoon instead, so now he is cleaning his beak.