• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor Charlie

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
:sad1:Last night both birds where out. Charlie got spooked and took flight which made sunny take flight . I went to pick up sunny and thought Charlie was out the way and accidentally stepped on his tail. He’s acting perfectly normal. Walking fine , singing and whistling . Eating and drinking. There is now Singh’s of injury ( expect a broken tail feather) I’m going to keep a eye on him and will take him to his vet in if anything changes. Poor little thing I felt so bad. What should I watch for ? This is the first time something like this happened.

I checked him all over for bleeding. His poop is normal looking no Singh’s of blood in it.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's so scary when accidents happen. Make sure he's eating, drinking, poops look normal, etc. He's alert and active. Hugs.

Catherine89

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
Yes it is , and I definitely will , he was his happy little self this morning telling me to “come here” as soon as he realized we where up am moving. I feel lucky enough to it had just been his tail I stepped on and nothing else. where I know the injury’s would have been far worse

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you just stepped on his tail then he will probably be OK. Just keep an eye on him. I mistakenly started to sit on Jake, Senegal, many years ago, when he was just a few months old. :facepalm: :eek: I didn't realize he was sitting on the computer chair and I backed up and started to sit down when I heard squawking. It was good that he started to warn me before I sat down all the way and, luckily, he was not injured.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Once my hubby stepped on Tucker (tiel, now deceased) and removed his ENTIRE tail! He was fine, just embarrassed not to have a tail.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Just keep a watch on him for anything unusual...accidents happen...

Smbrds

Real Name
Shawn
Indeed they are fragile little guys. And accidents do happen. Just keep a close eye on him and make sure he's eating, drinking and acting normal.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How scary, I’m so glad he’s okay!