• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Poop is randomly changed from green to brownish red??

ConureKiwi

Moving in
So kiwi is trying out new fruits, and I tried strawberries and he got a little bite out of some toast. Today he had a little bread as well and a watermelon slice, he eats seeds and dried fruit on the daily and today he pooped up a brownish-red colour (solid) everything else was fine. He seems to be acting normal, we have a guest for a couple of days so he's quiet but nothing dramatic changed. He hasn't been drinking less or more water and I have no idea what to do, this is a photo of his poop and I would take him to a vet ASAP if they all weren't closed 20200406_100904.jpg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So he recently ate red coloured food??
If there are no other behaviours or changes I would just monitor it. Foods can make their poop change colour dramatically if they’re brightly coloured foods.

ConureKiwi

Moving in
So he recently ate red coloured food??
If there are no other behaviours or changes I would just monitor it. Foods can make their poop change colour dramatically if they’re brightly coloured foods.
Thank you so much! Yes I'm experimenting on what fruits he likes most and most are brightly coloured

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Red fruits and vegetables... reddish poop, orange vegetables... orange poop, yellow fruits and vegetables...yellow poop.. Blueberries and blackberries..very dark poop. You'll be a poop master in no time. :D

Some of my little ones ate some cooked red beets yesterday and had some beautiful magenta poop. It's how you know they actually eat it and not just shred it like a toy.