• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pondering innate wisdom

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks Michelle!
The clips like these c-clips are what I thought I was buying when Fergus first came.
I ended up with these teeny tiny things that I hung on a floor lamp in the living room for lack of anything else to do with them, because it was
SO not what I thought they would be.

Now the Amazon link does describe these as being for parakeets, but knowing what I know now about toys and safety, I'd be skeptical of
them, since they say we're not supposed to have something that a budgie can get their body stuck in.
Of course you don't have to worry about that with Elvis! I think Ferg and Fi would love these if I could find some they would not get stuck in!
These are pretty small. I don't think a budgie could get their body stuck one... This pic gives you an idea on size.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Okay, that picture actually makes them look kind of big. But they're not really. But I don't handle budgies often so I'm not sure.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Kleenex have been to society and civilization. I mean, they're SO convenient, and pop right out of the box time after time! It's a miracle!
:rofl:
Some of the private brand of "facial tissue" (whatever the heck THAT means!) don't pop up out of the box...walleyworld's, for example! :rofl:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Okay, that picture actually makes them look kind of big. But they're not really. But I don't handle budgies often so I'm not sure.

Thanks! I may just have to order those for them, and try those out... I love those little things, I kept thinking I'd find them for babies, but never did.

Some of the private brand of "facial tissue" (whatever the heck THAT means!) don't pop up out of the box...walleyworld's, for example! :rofl:

Thanks for that warning Bob! I have now vowed after my Kleenex revelation that I will not use toilet tissue again in my living room... (especially after a family member recently razzed me about what I was going to do with the roll on my coffee table). I don't mind people razzing me, it's funny, but those dang kleenex are as dear to me as sliced bread about now, so I'm REALLY going to purchase some when this box runs low - and hey, these may not pop out of the box when they are getting toward the bottom. Ok... Elly will NOT go and test that theory since I'd probably never get them back in the box! LOL!! (But how crazy is it that I even had that thought!)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I have now vowed after my Kleenex revelation that I will not use toilet tissue again in my living room... (especially after a family member recently razzed me about what I was going to do with the roll on my coffee table).
...hey..paper's paper. ;)

Now, a small rant about toilet paper..and what's printed on the package. How come companies think the best way to advertise their product is by having babies on it? There was even one company that had a baby supposedly handing toilet paper up to you on the package!

And now, they have cartoon bears advertising it...that's a mental picture I want to have while using the product...blue and red bears cavorting around.

Sorry about that....it's Saturday morning, it's snowing out, and my mind is wandering...:wacky:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
And now, they have cartoon bears advertising it...that's a mental picture I want to have while using the product...blue and red bears cavorting around.

Sorry about that....it's Saturday morning, it's snowing out, and my mind is wandering...:wacky:

Ahhhh - we can be SO grateful for our innate wisdom also providing us with such mental clarity to ponder such deeeeeeep subjects on a Saturday morning!
(Oh now I will be thinking of the red and blue bears next time, thank you) :rofl:
Not snowing here near Dallas, but I had turned my dang heat off when airing out the house the other day when it was 76 degrees.
We are "kinda" cold today... and Mommy has turned the heat back on after getting up and seeing it was 58 degrees inside. (34 degrees outside)!